the best meditation

Summary - Tom arrives home late at night.
Words - 433
————

As Tom arrived back in his apartment, he could feel the silence in the night air. He looked at his phone screen - he had an hour to get to bed before sleeping hours were too little for his liking. This was the earliest he had gotten home all week, but it was still too late for him and his bedtime-abiding self. If he went to bed at any point over midnight, he would feel the effects in the morning. He didn't love late night shoots, but with this movie and its creepy undertones, they happened often. This forced him to adjust his sleep schedule even more, which wasn't too hard because he was used to the England time zone anyway.

He left all the lights off. His eyes were already used to the dark and some light glowing from a device was enough for him to guide his way to the bedroom. However, once he opened the door, any options that remained to turn on any lights were gone once he realized his girlfriend, who was taking her break from projects to stay with him while he was filming,  was already asleep. Occasionally she was still awake waiting for him, but lately she had been going to bed earlier. When she was up waiting for him, she was exhausted, showered, and ready for bed anyways, so he preferred her get the extra sleep anyway. He could vaguely see the outline of her curly hair and her chest moving up and down and she breathed in and out.

He used his phone to guide him to his dresser and grab pajamas, and quietly left the room to shower. He quickly showered, got dressed, and grabbed a snack from the kitchen before deciding it was time for bed.

He quietly opened the door, not wanting to wake Zendaya. However, she somehow was always slightly awaken when he was in the room. Which was strange, because she wasn't a light sleeper beforehand. Something about his presence wanted her to be awake.

Tom got into bed, Zendaya could feel the bed dip. He plugged his phone in and set an alarm for the morning before getting under the covers and laying down, facing the wall. Zendaya, still half asleep, rolled over and draped an arm over his waist. She mumbled a "Hi" to him, not being cognitively aware enough to hold a conversation, and quickly fell back asleep.

Tom turned around to face her, and began to stroke her back, holding her a bit tighter. As he fell asleep, his breathing began to match hers.

————