jealousy

Summary - Zendaya has to deal with the emotion of jealousy
Words - 1036
————

Zendaya wasn't normally one to get jealous. Every time she went on social media to lurk around, she saw at least one comment thirsting over her boyfriend. Even in person, she would hear fans shamelessly call out to him with flirtatious comments when at events. This didn't bother her though. In fact, it only made her feel more lucky to have him. She was content enough in their relationship to feel this way.

But this one time was different. They were both at a premiere for a new movie. The flashing lights and constant screams on the red carpet were enough to put Zendaya on edge.

Zendaya was wearing a bold red dress, while Tom in a navy blue suit. Although it was a generic outfit, she could spot him in any crowd.

So when she did, instead of relaxing like the sight of him normally could, her stress only increased. He was stood talking to some blonde actress she couldn't recognize. However, the actress was not-so-subtly flirting with him, being too touchy with him for her liking.

At first she couldn't figure out why it was bothering her, so she tried to rationalize it in her head. She came to the quick realization that it was because this woman actually had a chance with him, unlike the fans who would see him one time and likely never again. Zendaya didn't often feel insecure, but looking at that beautiful woman interacting with Tom certainly didn't make her feel more confident about herself. If Tom and her weren't together and the actress was flirting with him like that, Tom could easily fall for her, and that was what bothered her. Their relationship was established now, and other people at least had the common decency to not obviously be flirting with them.

She watched as the woman continued their conversation for way longer than small talk should go. She laughed at everything he said, touching all over his chest and arms. That was the way Zendaya acted with him, and she didn't enjoy seeing her stealing her tactics. So, when Tom spotted her and gave her the "help me" eyes, Zendaya didn't hesitate to make her way over.

"Hey babe!" Zendaya greeted him with a kiss before making eye contact with who he was talking to.

"Hey, this is Clara, she was just introducing herself to me." Tom replied, to which Zendaya gave a smile towards her.

"Nice to meet you, Tom we should go into the building now though, sorry to cut your conversation short." Zendaya said as an excuse to get him away, silently praying Clara didn't request to come with them.

"Oh that's alright, enjoy the movie!" Clara replied.

As the two walked away, Tom asked her a quick "Thanks for stealing me away from her" and "You alright?" To which Zendaya simply nodded. Some part of her felt guilty.

————

Through the rest of their time there at the afterparty, Tom could tell there was something off with her. To everyone else, she seemed completely happy. Tom even asked Darnell if Zendaya had mentioned anything to him. He mentioned how she practically had steam coming out of her ears when he was talking to Clara, but that was the only thing that she had complained about to him the whole evening. Normally, she was constantly complaining to Darnell about the lights and the people, but she was happily chatting with others tonight. Darnell didn't see that as having anything off about her though. That was when Tom pinpointed Clara flirting with him was what was staying on her mind, he just didn't know why, she had never been bothered by previous similar situations that had happened. Tom decided to let her be for now, and bring it up with her at the end of the night.

————

The rest of the night went by relatively fast, and before they knew it, Zendaya was making her way over to Tom's hotel room, which she considered as hers. They only had separate rooms for the sake of getting ready, to have space for both crews.

She had quickly put her dress where it needed to go, and got on some leggings and a t-shirt, although she probably should've just put on her pajamas at that point, because she knew she was going to fall asleep in that outfit anyways. Then, still having her makeup on and hair done, went over to Tom's room. She would take out her hair and take off her makeup in there, but she was ready to be extra clingy to him, and didn't want to waste time that could be spent with him.

Tom greeted Zendaya as she walked through the door, getting straight to the point saying "what was up tonight? Was it something with-"

"I don't know. I hate feeling jealous and I don't get jealous, with everyone else who flirts with you. Normally. But tonight seeing you talk with that girl made me realize how easy it would be for you to be with someone who isn't me and it's just been stuck in my head all night." Zendaya didn't hold back with her response.

She put her head in her hands. With concern, Tom walked over to her, taking her hands away from her face and held them in his hands.

"Hey, No, don't say that. I love you. Only you. Nobody can even come close from taking that away. You don't even know how lucky I feel to have you as my girlfriend. Also, if it makes you feel any better, I mentioned you every time I could in that torturing conversation with that girl."

Zendaya chuckled at his comment, and wrapped her arms around him as Tom let go of her hands and found them around her back.

"I'm sorry. It was just one conversation, I don't know why it stuck with me. But thank you, I love you."

"Well first, I love you too. Second, don't invalidate your feelings like that." Tom replied, tightening his grip around her.

And in that hug, they knew they would be alright. Although, Zendaya knew she never wanted to feel jealous again, though it would inevitably happen.

————