Chapter 2

DaphneJoy: I'm so happy that you're enjoying our new loungewear collection

DaphneJoy: I'm so happy that you're enjoying our new loungewear collection. I live and breathe in these sets that I created - everything is currently sold out but it will all be restocked later today so make sure you're subscribed to find out when it drops.

tagged: MilanxStyle

1,000,000 likes ~ 8,000 comments

---

Being your own boss is such a blessing but it's also draining because you are responsible for everything that takes place. Getting to this stage in my life has been a journey but I'm so grateful for all the other jobs that I worked at as it made me into the woman that I am today.

"I'm going to go blind soon." I joke to myself as I type out a long email to a distributor. Going through my emails is one of my least favorite things to do and it's so time consuming because you have to read everything for word to word.

"Mom?" I look up from my laptop to see my daughter standing at the door to my office.

"What's up?" I ask with a smile as my eyes flicker down to an email that I need to finish writing.

"Aunt Marcia text me, she's going to be here in twenty minutes." Milan takes a step into my office. "We're heading to lunch, remember."

"Oh right." I quickly save the email to my drafts before signing out of my laptop. "I'll be ready in fifteen minutes so go lock the doors and windows."

By the time that I walk out of my walk in closet, my older sister is laying on my freshly made bed.

"Those are fresh sheets." I tell her as she takes a selfie. "I don't want you getting any of the shimmer sprays that you put on your legs on my bed."

"Whatever." Marcia groans before pulling herself on the bed.

After slipping my feet into my nude heels, I drive us all to our brunch spot since I am the better driver. Milan is a new driver so she just isn't experienced enough whereas Marcia is so easily distracted and she has road rage.

"Milan take a picture of us." My sister shoves her phone into my daughter's hand before pulling me close as we pose outside of the restaurant. We spend the next couple of minutes posing before I pull my daughter in for some selfies and naturally we attract quite a lot of attention.

 We spend the next couple of minutes posing before I pull my daughter in for some selfies and naturally we attract quite a lot of attention