Chapter 8

MilanJoy: Saying goodbye to the blonde 

70,000 likes ~ 800 comments

---

I spent the past two hours celebrating with my daughter at Nobu after receiving news that she had been selected for a role that she auditioned for several months ago. We had not heard back from the casting agent in the usual time frame so we assumed that she did not get the role so you can only imagine my surprise when I received the call this morning.

It was a joyous moment ruined by her wish to call Nathanial and tell him the good news. I wanted to tell her that Nate was not her father but I knew that she would hate me for saying that because she has gotten attached to him.

Cases like these almost always end in the child running away to be with the other parent while blaming the one that took care of them. Nathanial gets the easy part of things and I worry that he still my daughter away from me.

"Gramps will be picking you up tonight." I tell my daughter as I park outside her school. "I'm going to be working late tonight so you can either have him take you home or you can stay at his place."

"I'll send you a text once I'm done with school." Milan kisses my cheek before exiting my car and the smile that I have been fighting to keep on my face drops the moment that she is out of sight.

Not wanting to have a breakdown infront of her school, I speed over to Marcia's house while listening to one of Tamar Braxton's album.

"You need to tell Nathanial how you feel." Marcia says through pursed lips. "He doesn't get to waltz into Milan's life as if he didn't know about her existence all these years. Regardless of what he signed when he was a teenager, he could have reached out at any point in your lives to find out about Milan. I found it suspicious that he is only showing interest because you reached out to him."

"Do you think it's about the money and fame?" I ask while biting down on my bottom lip

"Do you think it's about the money and fame?" I ask while biting down on my bottom lip. "I wondered if that could be the reason why he wants to be part of Milan's life especially now with her growing fame."