Four - New look

"What happened to your glasses?" My mom finally notices, inspecting my glasses. "Uhm.. I... tripped?" since I'm not pretty good at lying, She looked at me "Really?" hands on her hips, tilting her head at me waiting for an honest answer.

"What happened?" she demands, and I respond with a brief explanation about the school prank that resulted in suspension.

"Serves him right" she scoffs, "looks like you need to go to an optician but here's an idea: maybe you could try contacts? you can also keep an extra pair of glasses on hand but you might like contacts too" Tanya suggested holding Johnny in her arms.

"You know I'm thinking the same thing. What do you think, Cupcake?" My mother inquired, tapping her chin with consideration, and then we agreed. "You might also choose the colorless one, trust me." my mom winked.

My eyes watered and were red the first time I tried it, but I quickly adjusted. "Well, look at you! Now we can see those lovely green eyes!" Tanya gasped, clasping her hands together smiling as we returned home and saw me without my reading glasses for the first time.

Tanya brightens as she looks at me and my mom "You two look remarkably alike!" Johnny approves "Mommy and Gwen beautiful!" giggling "Right? High five, champ!" Tanya smiles and we chuckle. I video-called Aaliyah, and she complimented me just as I thought.

"Ooh! I am going to give you a makeover!" She claps excitedly "Oh, no thank you" I refuse, shaking my head "We'll go shopping as a treat, and if you say no, I'll be mad at you" she added, pouting.

"Oh, come on!" I give in without complaint, sighing "Yes, I am so excited! I'll pick you up tomorrow, Love you boo!" She blows me a kiss then hangs up, I facepalm myself.

Next day...

I was cooking breakfast for the three of us, and later... I fed oatmeal to my brother "you like it?" I asked him, and he bounced back in his seat, nodding happily.

Bringing the spoon to his mouth, saying "Here comes the airplane!" and he excitedly bounces "There he is, love you" before kissing his puffy cheek. "don't you both look adorable" Mom watches and pinches our cheeks, and gives us both a quick peck on the top of our heads.

The doorbell rings; "your friends are here, cupcake!" My mom said "friends?" I frown at myself, I only have one friend.

"Surprise!" Aaliyah then greeted me with enthusiasm, "Hello, Gwen" while Dana smiled slyly, waving.

"Oh, Hey there guys! Do we really need to go shopping?" I clarify "Of course you do, cupcake; here" My mom chimed in, taking both of my hands and handing me a cash.

"It's for you, why don't you go with them to have fun, okay?" My mom sweetly request "But mom" I softly protested "Aht, aht, aht! No complaints" She tap my nose, smiling "Okay, fine" I smiled back.

"See, even your mom agrees but auntie-" I giggle at Aaliyah, "Auntie?" I raise my brows at her, smiling. "Yes, I'm your sister from another mother; now, shush!" She said, and my mom chuckles as Aaliyah grabbed the cash my mom had given me and returned it back to her hand.

"You should keep that ma'am or put it in your savings account, we can also help you with that. But first, I would love to take your daughter on a shopping spree with me" Aaliyah places her arm over my shoulder, smirking; my mom smiles at her gesture.

"Could I also go? I swear to you, aunt you'll be the next on our list" Dana joined in "Girls, you don't have to-" Dana continues. "Fantastic! Next weekend is Mom's Day!" Dana cheerfully declared "Oh you guys!" I can't help but feel appreciative.

Aaliyah called her mom and Dana's mother to arrange a shopping day for them this next weekend and with my mom. And they immediately said yes! Later on, we went to the mall where they bought me new clothes, shoes, makeup, and other things.