Six - Planned

After I told Jane to put an end between us, I could feel those chills running down my spine as I told her that. The expression on her face hints that she doesn't agree with what I said to her, which could be worrisome.

I should start dating, maybe she'll stop bugging me. Days after... as we returned to school, I surround myself with my friends Aaliyah and Dana.

And Jane gave me the creeps with her daggers look every time I tried to avoid her even in the class I only had with her; thank goodness! I had a new seatmate named Yanna, Dana's friend.

"Why does the icy Queen always give you that look? Did you piss her off or something?" Yanna inquired, "No... I haven't done anything to her" I lied, while Jane kept glancing at us with the same stern gaze.

"I'm not sure I want to look, anyway. She's quite terrifying" Yanna reverted her gaze back to the board; "Oh, believe me. She's freaking me out!" my mind argued.

Next day...

It was interesting, Jane skipped every class except for the one I had with her. We were also surprised to see her smiling after the lesson was over, and when we entered the cafeteria, she was chatting with her cheerleader's friends regarding the new routine exercises whilst still appearing jolly.

And she ignored me, which I'm glad. Although I found it odd...

"What's going on with Jane? I've never seen her like that before, except her first relationship with Troy. Yet now she's back looking so... happy?" Yanna is now sitting with us. Meanwhile, Dana continues to hang out with her cheerleading friends.

"Trust me, I have no idea.." Aaliyah responds. Dana soon joined in "What's going on with Jane?" Aaliyah asks her cousin.

"You guys noticed that too? Omg, no idea... Though Troy told some of us that Jane has secretly seeing someone except she doesn't say a thing about it." Dana shrugs, grabbing a piece of my fries "Hey, that's mine!" I reacted.

"Did someone teach you that sharing is caring?" she winked, still grabbing some more, and I kept pouting like a child "You're so cute doing that, Gwen" Yanna laughs, pinching my cheek; Aaliyah chuckles too.

The last class was more surprising than I thought; Jane was participating throughout the class among the rest of us.

Shortly after the class came to an end. Everyone began to leave the room. Jane... However, unexpectedly; approaches me.

"Hi, Gwen.." Jane sat right in front of me with a twinkle in her eyes and a smile on her pretty face, everyone was somewhat shocked and confused.

"H-hey..." I swallowed, sharing a confusing look at everybody... "I was wondering... if you're free to help me with the homework from our history class?" She smiles and I froze in confuse "W-what?" I blurted, frowning.

She wants me to help her with her homework?!

And I sensed something unusual... "uhm" I took in blinking, as she lifted her eyebrows at me, waiting for my answer; where my friends stared at me in curiosity, along with some student in our room.

"Gwen?" Jane softly calls my name.

"I-I can't, I-I'm sorry... maybe you could ask one of our classmates -" I was cut off short when I recognized her serious expression. Oh dear!

"I-i actually h-have other plans" I added, glancing at my friends and then back to her, blinking tentatively at my own lies.

"You know, I'm only trying to be nice to you so that I may get to know you... suddenly you're outright rejecting me?" she scoff, sort of loud enough for all to hear.