Seven - A Date

A week after...

Jane was finally avoiding me for good this time. Meanwhile, Dana invited everyone to celebrate her birthday party this evening.

"I'll be picking you up later so we can decide on something for you to wear," Aaliyah mentioned to me. "Eee! I'm so excited for tonight!" Aaliyah beamed "Yeah, we can clearly see that," Yanna chuckles "Shut up," Aaliyah half-heartedly shoves her.

Everyone was dressed up as if it were our prom day, which led me to wear a dress too. a few days ago, my mother brought some wonderful stuff from Aaliyah and Dana's mom as they went out to the mall together and even gifted her a few outfits and stuff; it was quite generous of them, to be honest.

And they all got along really well; my mom had a great time with them, although I couldn't say the same about my friends' absolutely lovely moms.

In the meantime, here I am with my closest friend with Yanna helping me by picking an outfit. Where we choose, A trendy cocktail dress.

We soon arrived at Dana's house and headed to the pool located at the back. "Oh my, this is amazing" I commented.

Everyone was dressed properly. "Aaliyah, my dearest! I'm so glad you came; your dad and mom are over there sweetie" Dana's mother welcomed us.

"Glad you could also make it, Gwen... So great to see you again! And you girls look splendid!" She brightens at the three of us. "Thank you, Mrs. Miller," Yanna giggles. Aaliyah and Dana's mother were sisters.

The party was actually fun; everybody mingled with one another, dancing, eating, and drinking their non-alcoholic beverages, except for one of the students who sneaked a liquor and poured it into the bowl of lemonade. I shook my head, giggling as my friends began dancing across the middle of the crowd.

I wandered throughout their house and stopped near a fireplace, from which I overheard Chase arguing on the phone. Was he also invited? Oh well.

"Yes, Mother. I'm not doing anything all right?Could I just have fun for tonight?" he asked extremely agitated.

He's facing back and forth, rubbing his palms across his face in distraught. "I won't, okay. What do you want me to do, Stay at home and sulk around all day in my room?!" he groans drastically.

"Yes, ma'am, I'm sorry. Can I go now? Fine, I'll see you at home." he exhaled profusely, and I felt terrible for eavesdropping on their conversation, so I quickly fled before he noticed.

"Were you listening?" he caught me.

"Shoot..." I muttered under my breath, and I could sense him approaching "Turn around" he ordered, and I shut my eyes for a split second, I am totally dead right now! I submitted and turned to face to him.

He looks handsome dressed in a blue terno suit along with an unbuttoned-up shirt flashing his muscled chest area.

"Gwen?" He lifted his brow at me, dumbstruck "I-I wasn't trying to eavesdrop... I just happened to pass by." I pointed it out, but he just kept staring at me.

"I-I'll just go now-" he stopped me, gesturing "No, no, no.. It's alright" he raised his hand to beckon me to stay while his other hand was inside his pocket "Were you alone?" He asked in curious, still staring at me "I'm just looking around" I replied, and he nodded.

"Would you like to join me?" He indicated while nodding to the couch in front of the fireplace. "No, I prefer not to bother you," I implied. "I insist, please..." he politely added. I shortly agreed afterwards and joined him on the couch, offering me a glass of punch.

"I wanted to apologize again for all the things I've done to you," he sincerely blurted out, his gaze fixating on mine. I merely gave him a modest grin in the truce while sitting next to him. There's a bit of awkwardness around the room though.