Chapter 13

I took a bite of the rice as I listened to Steve tell me about his day. He could say everything as is without having to lie. Anything he knew Harry knew which meant it was ok to share.

"So how was your day" he asked "oh you know not that eventful I worked on my new project and went grocery shopping" I said as I got up picking up our dishes and walking to the sink placing them in.

"I actually ran into Harry funny enough" I said as I wiped the dining table "oh really" Steve said genuine disbelief was evident in his tone.

"Yeah what a coincidence right" I said knowing there was a ninety percent chance he was watching. I smiled wanting to act normal and not like that was one of the worst encounters I've had on a mission.

Any other day Harry would've been on the floor before he'd have a chance to touch my back but frustratingly enough it wasn't any other day.  

"Post dinner walk?" he asked quickly and I nodded he wanted to discuss this more in-depth. I grabbed my coat as we hastily left the house trying to make it seem as casual as possible. 

"He knows" I said once we were far away from the house "well he has ideas" I quickly added as Steve listened eagerly "he said we seemed distant and to call him if I needed real company" I said watching Steve tense up.

"He was trying to catch me out, he wanted me to slip up, he wanted a reaction" I added vocalising my thoughts.

"We need to act more in love" Steve quickly suggested  as I nodded. We were good at acting but Harry was better at observing. 

"I don't, I don't know what we could possibly do" I said and Steve sighed obviously embarrassed with the idea. I looked at him and then down at the pavement which suddenly seemed much more interesting than this conversation.

"Tonight let's just see how it goes" I said "I know this is horrible" Steve said and my knees felt weak, he was so understanding yet the situation we were in was so unfortunate.

"Meaningless sex" I said testing the words on my mouth as he glanced down at me now feeling the same awkwardness I felt minutes ago. 

"We could try to stimulate it?" he suggested and I cocked my head to the side, confusion evident on my face "yeah that was a dumb suggestion" he quickly added as I laughed shaking my head.

I exhaled before getting back into the house ready to play the part of my fake life again.

♡♡♡

why is he so angry 🤨

bonus chapter cause school tomorrow :(