𝑰

_______________________________

"Please Quinn, at least pretend you're excited." Her mother pleaded pathetically. The girl chokes back a scoff. "Yes, I'm thrilled to be moving to America just to live in a small boring town in the middle of nowhere." The ravenette deadpanned, staring out the window watching the raindrops fall on the glass.

The older woman heaves a heavy sigh, her sign of giving on the conversation. Her father ignored the entire ordeal and continued to drive along the dark empty road. The young girl in the back seat continued to stare out the window taking pleasure in the music in her ears. She quietly hums the tune as she slowly drifted into a peaceful slumber.
_______________________________

Suddenly the girl is aggressively jolted awake by the abrupt halt of the car throwing her body forward and hitting the seat in front of her. Her mother's scream tears away any fatigue she once had. She sees the lights from stores outside the window spinning. The shrieking of tires stabbed at her ears only for everything to suddenly go quiet. The world was upside down and fading with everything breath. Her body was aching in pain. The last thing to reach her vision was her father's broken neck, before slowly drifted into unconsciousness.
_______________________________

The girl slowly crack open her eyes only to be immediately being blinded by luminescent light taking up her entire line of sight. The smell of medicinal substances and cleaning supplies flooded her nose. She rubbed her eyes as they adjusted to the bright room. She slowly takes in her surroundings seeing that she was on a stretcher in a hospital room. As soon as she gained feeling in her body she felt an uncomfortable itching feeling invade her. She scratched her neck to try and satiate the feeling only to hinder the severity temporarily. She groans as she looked down at her aching chest. Different tubes and wires covered her body.

What the hell happened?

She started brainstorming a way of making a swift exit until she heard the door creak open. There stood a tall young man most likely in his earlier 20s. He had thick wavy dark brown hair, and tan skin, along with a cleanly cut stubble on his chin. The eyes that stared back at her resembled emeralds. He was handsome, to say the least.

"Hello, Miss Fletcher." The doctor greets her curtly, holding a clipboard to his chest. She remains silent and simply lays back down. "If you don't mind I'd like to ask you a couple of questions-" "I do mind." She interrupts sitting up ripping off everything that had been attached to her body.

"M-Miss please, Id advise you lay back down. You-" "I'm fine doctor, where are my clothes." She stood up staring at the man in front of her. "That's what you're worried about? What about your parents?" The doctor raised his voice in utter disbelief. "I have faith that you can take care of them. In the meantime, I'd like to find my belongings." She turns back around searching for her apparel.

"That's what I was going to tell you, Miss Fletcher." The doctor says in an exhausted tone. She turns to face him knowing what was going to come next. "Quinn, your parents.. they're dead." The statement injected awkward tension into the air, and each second that went by without a response the doctor looked increasingly worried. The doctor stared at emotionless girl in bewildered.

"I see." She said plainly as she continues her search. "If you must know your clothes are in the drawers." The doctor says massaging the bridge of his nose. She crouched in front of the drawer and opened it to see her clothes, torn and bloody, but folded. She pulls them out and held them in front of her.

"Wonderful." She says a small smile gracing her features as she gazed at her tattered jeans
that now had more tears in them than when she originally bought them. Her gray hoodie has been practically dyed red from all the blood, most of it probably not even being hers. "If you wouldn't mind." She shifts her gaze to the doctor. "Ah yes— uh, of course, excuse me." The man stumbles giving the girl a small nod before closing the door.

She rids of her hospital attire and throws on her clothes. She lifts the hoodie to her nose taking in the metallic scent of blood. "Lovely." She whispers to herself in content. As much as she wanted to go out the window for a more 'subtle' exit, they had her full name and know what she looked like, and someone's gonna have to pay for the hospital, and it sure as hell isn't going to be her parents. She begrudgingly opened the door exiting the room making her way down the hallway. Until she was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Miss please, you can't leave so soon you're still injured!" The doctor from earlier hastily approached her grabbing onto her arm. She immediately jerked her arm back resting it to her side. "I apologize for the inconvenience sir, but you can't stop me from leaving." She states quietly looking up at him.

"Please Miss let me take care of you, you've been through so much just in the past few hours. I just want to help you." The man pleaded coming closer to her. There was a moment of silence as she looked down contemplating her next words. "You're new at this aren't you?" She asks looking back at the man with wide eyes. "I— Yes, I mean—" "If you really were a doctor you would've known to never get attached to your patients, so I'm guessing you're an intern." She finished fully turning her body towards him.

He gives an awkward chuckle rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. "Smart girl, but yes you're correct." She scoffs looking down. "They couldn't even assign me a real doctor, bastards..." She mumbled turning around once more, continuing to make her way to the exit.

"W-Wait!" She sighs heavily turning her head to see him catch up to her again. "I-If I can't convince you to stay then can I at least give you my number in case you need help?" He pleads. she huffs in defeat as he plasters a smile on his face digging in his pocket for a pen. He rips off a piece of the paper on his clipboard and writes his digits on it. He hands it to her with an innocent grin. She takes the paper from his hands stuffing it in her jean pocket. She resumes her path once more. "Au revoir, stagiaire." She bid goodbye with a small wave from behind. The young man smiled softly. "Goodbye, Miss Fletcher."

"Quinn is just fine intern."
_______________________________

"_______________________________