𝑽𝑰

_______________________________

"Did you just confess to a crime, on the phone? You sure are something gorgeous."

The unknown caller spoke into the phone genuinely impressed with the girl's lack of self-preservation. "Cutting the breaks of a car at a truck stop when no one's watching isn't as hard as it seems." She smirked into the phone leaning back on the cushions of the couch. "You better hope no one's listening to us, I'd hate to see that pretty face behind bars." The man rasps his words almost as if he was threatening her.

"I'd like to think I'm quite charming, I'm sure I could talk myself out of a measly patricide charge." The girl swings her legs on the couch crossing them and laying down. She stretched her limbs with a slight groan melting into the couch. "Hm, comfortable are we?" The sultry voice hummed into the phone attempting to be intimidating. Quinn just brushed it off completely ignoring the high probability that this man is watching her right now.

"All things considered, yes actually." She answered. A spectator would assume she was on the phone with a close friend or maybe even a lover, but nope. She was currently conversing with a stalker and potential murderer, not like she had much room to talk though. "How about we play a game, you up for it angel?" "Sure, what's the game stranger." Quinn smiles into the phone. If she were in a horror movie the audience would be screaming at their TVs during this scene. Telling her to run or hang up the phone and call the cops as she played a game of cat and mouse with a killer.

"Trivia, I know how much you love those." The man's voice goes lower in an intimidating but almost sensual tone making me grin. "Oh, I suppose you do know me well. What's the category Mr?" She grins mischievously slowly sitting up with sudden interest. "Horror movies." The man rasps dangerously. "I think I love you." She confessed sarcastically. "Oh baby, don't say things like that, you could make a guy go crazy." The husky voice groaned causing the girl's heart to skip a beat. His voice was addicting.

"From the looks of it, you're already there, prank-calling girls in the hopes of terrifying them, fucking sadist." She laughs somewhat relating to her own statement. "You got me babe, guilty is charged. But, not the point, prepare for some trivia Quinn!" The voice yells sounding like an excited child. It would've been kind of cute under different circumstances.

"Give it your best shot, Mr. Stalker." Quinn challenged propping her feet on the coffee table in front of her. "In the first Friday the 13th movie, how many people did Jason murder?" The man quizzed with and evident smile. "Thought this was gonna be more difficult? None, Pamela Voorhees was the killer in the first Friday the 13th, not Jason." Quinn answered plainly suddenly overcome with boredom. "Correct! Good job sweetheart." The stranger praises not bottling his excitement in the slightest.

"Next, what is Chucky's real name?"

"Charles Lee Ray."

"Do you know how he became a doll?" "He didn't become a doll, his consciousness was transferred into a doll 'cause he used voodoo magic to stop himself from dying." She corrected with a grin. "Correct, you even got past the trick question, you're on fire baby!"  "Always thought that plot was so weird, like seriously voodoo." She rolled her eyes with a groan remembering how shitty the plot to those movies were.

"Yeah, that was pretty weird huh?"  The voice seemed to actually pause thinking about what the girl had said, making her chuckle. "Anyway, last but not least, what horror is known as the world's first horror film?" "Oh, so you really did do your homework, didn't you? Le Manoir du diable, or in English, The House of the Devil." She answered. She smiled at the irony and surprisingly extensive knowledge of stranger.

"Correct! Impressive, great job sweetie." The man reverts back to his flirtatious charm ridding of his almost game show host tone of voice. "Yeah, I am pretty great." She leaned back resting her eyelids. "You sure are. Hey listen as much as I wanna stay and chat I have to go, kinda on a tight schedule, and I didn't expect the situation to play out like this." The man explains sounding rushed with a tinge of disappointment.
"Have fun tormenting some other poor helpless girl." Quinn waved a dismissive hand to the empty space around her. "You know me so well already, talk to ya later babe." The unknown man bid goodbye ending the call with a click. Soon as the line goes dead Quinn heard rustling bushes and the crunching of leaves from behind her.

The girl snapped her neck in the direction of the noise only to be met with the dark emptiness of the backyard, accompanied by the rays of moonlight spilling through the open glass door.
_______________________________