The Devil, The Witch, and The Widow

Your heart ached, but as you re read the letter in your grip you knew what you had to do. You had to break up with them, it was the only way to keep them safe. You suck in a shaky breath as you shove the letter into your bag before you sling it onto your shoulder. You manage to fight off your tears as you walk into the living room of your shared apartment, the three of you had opted to rent a place of your own two months into your relationship when you had become serious.

Your girls are in their usual spots for this time of night, cuddled on the sofa watching sitcoms. They both look over to you as you enter, confusion washes over their features when they see your bag.

"Did Fury call you in for a mission?" the older of the two asks

You shake your head, "No. This isn't an Avengers thing" your voice sounds broken and hollow. Wanda sits up from where she laid on the other womans lap, her brows furrow in concern as she gets a sinking feeling in her stomach.

"Detka(Baby), talk to us please. Tell us what's wrong." she practically begs, tears threaten to fall from her eyes, she has a feeling she knows what's coming.

She doesn't want to watch you walk out of her life so she'll do whatever she can so you'll stay. Being with her girlfriends brought her a sense of safety and happiness. You and Nat were all she ever wanted, she thought you both felt the same but maybe she was wrong. But what changed, why didn't you want them anymore?

"We're what's wrong." you say as you gesture between the three of you, and god what a lie that was but you had to do this.

Natashas face falls as she registers your words, "Did one or both of us do something to upset you babygirl? We can work this out, we can fix this." she says, her emerald eyes filling with tears.

She hadn't known what love was, not until you and Wanda showed up in her life and now that she knew what it was she never wanted to let that feeling go. You both made her happy, happier than she ever thought possible and she wanted to keep you both by her side forever. What brought this on so suddenly? Everything was perfect between the three of you, at least she thought it was.

You sigh and run a hand through your hair, "I can't do this" you mutter, referring to pretending you were unhappy and breaking up with them, but you knew how those words would sound to them.

"I'll be more open. About my nightmares, my feelings, and my past. Please Y/n, don't leave." Natasha tells you as tears fall down her face. The sight of her crying was already painful to watch, but to hear her talk like you leaving was her fault was even more so.

"I'll talk more about my insecurities, and I'll work on my overprotectiveness. Please, just stay." Wanda adds as her bottom lip trembles. Hell this was harder than you imagined, it wasn't her fault either.

You hated making them feel this way, you wanted nothing more than to just cuddle with them, tell them how happy they made you and how much you love them. But you couldn't, you had to go. Tears escape your eyes as well now. You turn your body as your head looks to the door, they both see this and the panic of losing you sets in. They stand and make their way towards you.

Wanda grabs your hand, which gets your attention and makes you look at her, "Y/n, please. Whatever has upset you, we can work through it."

Natasha joins Wanda at your side and grabs your other hand, "Stay, please."

You reluctantly pull your hands from their grasps, "I-I can't....I'm sorry." you croke out as you bolt for the door. You don't stop or turn around, you quickly hop on your motorcycle intent on heading to Hells Kitchen to stay with the only person capable of helping you in your current situation.