Meet Vengeance

Your girlfriends knew you had power or skills of some sort. Let's face it, you wouldn't be on Furys new SHIELD team otherwise. However they were unsure what exactly you could do, you had only been together for a few months and you never told them when they asked, just dismissing the question. You seemed to have some agreement with Fury and Hill because you never ended up on a mission with either of them, or Yelena. Not to mention Natasha couldn't find a single document or file on you no matter how hard she tried or how many agents she hacked.

Which is why Fury was sending you to talk to her and Wanda today. Apparently they had both been involved in some hacking last night that broke through several security walls and the director wasn't pleased at all. You take a deep breath as you approach the conference room where Steve had them all, going over some sort of mission plan.

Everyones attention goes to you when you walk in. Your girlfriends both smile sweetly at you, but you don't return the gesture, just nodding at them. This causes them both to wonder what was going on. Steve looks at you and clears his throat, obviously not pleased about being interrupted.

"We're kind of in the middle of a mission briefing here Y/n. Can't you come back to talk to your girls later?" he huffs

You quirk a brow at him, "It's Agent Y/l/n when I'm working Captain. And whatever this mission is, you'll be doing it without Romanoff and Maximoff"

"But-" he starts to argue

"Furys orders, not mine. Talk to him." you say with a wave of your hand as your gaze drifts to the two in question, "Come on, you two. Follow me."

They wordlessly follow you out of the conference room, giving each other questioning glances as you continue to lead them to the part of the facility that had the small meeting rooms and interrogation rooms.

You open one of the meeting room doors, gesturing for them to enter, "Please have a seat" but neither of them move, both just look at you

"Y/n, what's going on?" Natasha asks, feigning innocence

"Look, Fury knows what the two of you were able to accomplish last night and I've been tasked with handling this. So we can either have a normal and nice chat about it in here, or I can move it to the interrogation room next door and get Coulson involved." you tell them

Wanda can sense the tension in the air and can tell you're absolutely serious about the interrogation room. She grabs Natashas hand and pulls her into the meeting room. Nat stares at her hands on the table as Wanda hangs her head as they take their seats. They both look embarrassed that you knew what they were up to, they knew they'd be caught but they didn't think for a second that Fury would have you be the one to deal with them.

"So, " you start

"We're sorry Y/n. We didn't mean to invade your privacy, we're just really curious about what you're capable of." Wanda quickly says, spinning the rings on her fingers as she does so

"And we're confused and concerned as to why you can't just tell us." Natasha adds in, she didn't try to be on guard or untrusting. She supposed it was just ingrained in her after so many years

"It's my personal information Natasha, and I like keeping that to myself. Much like you and the Red Room." you answer. Her jaw clenches at the mention of her old training program in Russia, "You've told us what you're comfortable with and I respect that and I don't pry. I certainly don't hack government facilities to see what you omit from your stories, or what you'll never say. So you'll excuse me for being upset that I am not given the same respect."

"I felt there were different circumstances to our stories." she weakly admits

"Oh, different. Ok. Yeah totally, no trauma in my backstory. Nothing was forced upon me to turn me into what I am and give me my abilities. I don't fight to keep myself from working as some higher powers puppet." you spit out angrily