sixteen

and there was jungwon, standing infront of the big mansion

"sunghoon hyung leave my scarf" sunoo screamed behind jungwon as he tailed behind jungwon

"are you crazy? its literally freezing outside and i couldn't even get myself a muffler for this guy-" he yelled at jungwon,who stood there gazing at the house.

there must be hidden secrets-here...there must be something he can find.

his parents moved out of this place as soon as they bought a new area. it was jungwon's first time in many years, visiting this place.

"wonie, this place is very special to me and your great-grandfather. when you grow up into a big boy, i might not be able to see you anymore"

as a newly turned five, jungwon, stared at his great-grandmother's face with batting eyelids. it was his birthday that day. his grandmother had gifted him a bright red toy car. jungwon's family was well off from the very start so they would generally gift him good items and expensive cakes on his birthdays.

his great-grandmother, whom he called anna, could barely stand. his anna was sick all the time but as far as he remembered she loved him a lot.

"when you become a big boy and visit our house, i'll have something for you in my wardrobe"

this is all what jungwon remembered from that exchange of conversation. his anna passed away soon that year. his grandparents used to stay there alongwith them for like till the time jungwon was fifteen or sixteen.

and when both grandparents passed away, his parents moved to a different bungalow, putting this building under a caretaker.

he walked through the gate and knocked on the door.

"shutup- stop murmuring into my ears, leave my scarf" sunoo snarled as he took the scarf away from sunghoon. they were always bickering now they were bickering because sunghoon was pulling away the entire scarf from sunoo.

sunghoon pouted.

"can you both shutup-please?" jungwon mumbled turning back "you've been fighting constantly"

"what..what did i do... he keeps on taking away my scarf" sunoo protested

"what should i do... ITS FREEZING OUT HERE $?!"  sunghoon screamed

jungwon rolled his eyes at them and just then the door opened revealing a short old man.

"oh my god, is this young master?" he exclaimed out of joy "am i seeing right?"

jungwon nodded.

"you were this small when you all shifted" he said, flashing the only teeth remaining in his jaw.

i wasn't that small though

jungwon smiled as he welcomed them into the gigantic bungalow. as for sunoo and sunghoon, they had never been to such an enormous palace like place before- they were literally gaping with their eyeballs out

"if had known that you would come, i would have made more preparations.." he said

"its alright, you've already done a lot... the house, its so clean" jungwon mumbled

the old man loved to hear praises and jungwon loved to praise people.

"its okay, its okay, thats my job here. young master, if you need anything let me know- also will you all have dinner?"

sunghoon and sunoo nodded before jungwon could-

"okay" the old man smiled "your friends look very excited. i'll make arrangements for dinner"

saying that, he left.

"won, you have such a big house...yet you had to buy another house?" sunoo nudged jungwon's elbow lightly.

"haha, i guess yes? dad has reasons why he doesn't come here anymore"

yup, he said that it reminded him of grandmother and he missed her even more. it grew difficult for him to move on after that...which is why we moved out.

"right" sunghoon nodded "now tell me why are we here...i'm sure we didn't come for picnic purposes"

"but you told in the car-" sunoo protested

"to shut you up hehe" sunghoon giggled as he ruffled the younger's hair.

"the wardrobe" jungwon barely paid attention to his friends' bickering and walked ahead looking at his surroundings and remembering the door.

"anna's room, it must be here... somewhere" he slowly ascended the stairs and the duo tailed behind him.

sunoo barely understood what was going on, so he quietly followed them around.

the doors were jammed since no one went there in the room for long and the old man probably cleaned it like once a week.

well it wasn't that dirty as well.

"oh my god the cobweb" sunoo squealed

i guess?

"sunoo hyung are you alright?" jungwon asked

"yeah yeah, this cobweb fell on me-" sunoo said

"oh its alright, they don't clean this part of the house much... i mean they used to sometimes when we were here but i guess not now"

"but why are we here?" sunghoon asked. he looked around and sensed something going on in jungwon's mind. he probably knew what would be jungwon's next step.

"to search" jungwon said

"search? for what? are we playing treasure hunt?" sunoo asked, looking at their faces cluelessly. jungwon felt bad for sunoo, so he took the older's hand in his.

"hyung, i promise, we'll tell you everything once we're done...for now, stick to hoonie hyung, okay?"

sunoo captured the urgency in jungwon's voice and nodded.