seventeen

the room has chapped walls, the colour had faded- there were termites here and there and mostly, the ceiling was half broken

its in a disgusting condition jungwon sighed as he took a look around the room. he remembered how as a child he would often come around and see his sick anna sitting in the open balcony staring at the sky.

he missed his anna. he missed how she used to call him in the most endearing way.

he almost teared up while reminiscing his old dusted memories. it was a huge room. huger than the word itself.

"jungwon are you okay?" sunoo asked

"yes hyung...i was just reminded of the past"

the others smiled fondly at him because it was quite natural. this is where he grew up. this is where he spent his childhood.

he was lost in his memories when jongseong's smiling face appeared before his eyes.

he got up instantly and scanned the room intently. there towards the corner was a wardrobe, made of  iron- it was completely rusted in reddish.

"sunghoon hyung can you help me?" he mumbled. sunghoon nodded and both of them pulled at the wardrobe to which a small box fell forward.

huh?

jungwon took off the box lid with hopeful eyes only to find a watch, kept inside it. it had his name on it.  probably this is what anna wanted to gift him

just this? his smile fell because the reason he came for wasn't this though...he scanned through the room and the desk to find something but he barely got anything. the wardrobe was empty too. well thats what he thought.

he was ruffling through the pages of various old papers and scanning all the documents when sunghoon shrieked sunoo's name.

the next moment the half broken ceiling piece came rushing down on the floor. sunghoon had pulled sunoo away from there, his back hitting the wardrobe with a thud.

"ouch-" sunghoon crouched a little holding his back but he was happy that sunoo was safe.

"hyung hyung are you alright... sunghoon hyung are you hurt?" jungwon came running towards them, thats exactly when his eyes fell on a diary that had fallen to the ground, from the ceiling.

wait, how?

he looked closer and saw how the ceiling had a portion where there was a box like structure. there was lose plaster on top of it to cover it....and thats where the plaster got lose and fell off.

"yeah , yeah i'm fine... sunoo are you okayy?" sunghoon asked to which sunoo nodded gently.

jungwon bent down and picked up the diary... it wasn't an ordinary diary.

it was his great-grandfather's diary.