04 | Past

[Y/N] woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside her window, bringing her out of her sleeping state. She slowly sat up right in her bed, stretching her arms out wide. She groggily rubbed her eyes and couldn't fathom the fact that she was actually able to fall asleep for once. Especially after what transpired last night...

'How in the hell did I manage to fall asleep for once? Ugh what the hell happened...?' she thought to herself.

Closing her eyes, she thought back to what had occurred last night.

'Oh that's right...'

She thought back to how she thought she may have hit something with her car on her way home, when she finally caught a glimpse of him. Jeff...

Her eyes widened once she remembered how that literal serial killer was just out side her window last night. Literally sitting on top of her car.

The girl jumped out of her bed and rushed towards her window. Though before being able to look outside her window, she noticed how the window no longer had that small crack from yesterday.

[Y/N] stared at her window what felt like an eternity. She could've swore there was a crack from that rock which was thrown at her window. Shaking her head, she decided to forget about it. Perhaps she was seeing things last...

Though nonetheless, she decided to peer outside her to inspect her car. She studied it and the area around it and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Everything seemed normal to her eyes, until she finally thought about that handprint that she remembered seeing.

She looked at her car window and noticed that there was no said handprint, much to [Y/N]'s surprise. She thought long and hard how that could be.. She could've swore that she saw a bloody hand print.

She took a step back away from her window and clutched her head in her hands. She felt like she was in some prank show. No, it's like some nightmare she can't escape from...  Is she losing her mind? It sure felt like it. Is someone out trying to mess with her? Oh yeah, that Jeff thing...or person...or whatever that is.

'Maybe my paranoia is getting to me...' she tried to reason with herself, '...yeah I'm just imagining things. Yeah, there wasn't anybody after me at all. My mind is playing tricks on me from that incident with Macy...'

[Y/N] took a deep breath and exhaled in an attempt to calm her nerves. 'None of what happened last night was real. It didn't happen. It was just a figment of my stupid imagination.'

She decided that all she needed was some more sleep. She's definitely going to need it.

Flopping back into bed, she drifted off into a deep slumber.

-

Later on, the girl woke up once again and this time to get ready to head into work. Jumping out of her bed, she started to get ready for work much to her dismay. Truthfully, she really didn't want to go into work. She has never experienced so much dread showing up to work like today. Ever since she saw him, she's been having this unsettling feeling in her head.

She took a deep breath in and exhaled, calming her nerves.

'There's no time to think like this...'

She made her way in the direction of the bathroom in order to have a nice, yet calm shower. She felt at ease once she stepped foot inside the shower. Feeling the warm, wet drops of water fall upon her head made her once tense body relax at last. The shower definitely help her calm her nerves and paranoia, thankfully.

Her once nervous and worried state was now replaced with a calm version of herself.

She turned the shower off and stepped out, wearing a towel wrapped around her body. She glanced at her foggy mirror and studied her appearance. She noticed how dark circles were starting to for under her eyes, due to her irregular sleep schedule. She let out a deep breath, rubbing her eyes.