10 | Run

[Y/N] watched as Jeff slowly made his way towards the door. "Wait...what-what do you think you're doing?! What's behind the door!" She exclaimed, stepping away from that door. The banging only seemed to grow louder and louder, causing [Y/N]'s heart rate to spike up.

For all she knew, this could all be a trap. A trap in which he lured her away from her home and traps her in this dingy cabin in the middle of the woods. If that's the case, then she followed him here and led herself to her ultimate demise.

Her thoughts clouded her mind, sending her heart into over drive at the thought of these 'what if's'. All she could do in that moment was think of all the things that could happen in that very moment.

'Am I going to be trapped here forever? Will any one look for me? No...what if he's going to kill me? Maybe there's like some rabid coyote in that room and he's going to feed me to it?! What the actual fuck is going on?! I need to get out of here!'

Without any further thinking, [Y/N] stepped over to the door that would let her out of there. She wasn't exactly sure what it is Jeff had planned out but she wasn't going to stay there to see. Her hand grabbed onto the door knob, ready to twist the door open and make a run for it.

Jeff, on the other hand, had already expected for something like this to happen. He anticipated this kind of reaction though didn't think [Y/N] had the actual guts to grab open the door and make an actual escape. No matter, Jeff is always prepared for the unexpected.

[Y/N] managed to pry open the door and made a run for it. It was so dark out that she wasn't sure how she got to that cabin in the first place. She thought about grabbing her phone out, hoping that it could help her out but decided against it. She knew the moment she got her phone out Jeff could immediately spot her. She kept running in one direction, away from that cabin hoping to get away. As she kept running, she noticed how she didn't hear any other footsteps besides her own. Was it the best idea to stop and turn around to see if Jeff was following her? Absolutely not.

[Y/N] kept running, forcing her legs to keep moving not stopping even once to catch her breath. She knew the moment she did that...Jeff would only catch up to her. She could feel her body slowly become tired, her legs aching and burning from all the running. Her once steady breathing coming out in slow, ragged breaths. In her mind, she forced herself to keep running, but the pain in her legs told her otherwise.

She figured she got away and was far out for Jeff to catch up to her, so she came to a slow halt. She leaned up against a tree, trying to catch her breath. Her hands grabbing her knees as she tried to control her breathing. Deep in her heart, she hoped she was too far out that Jeff couldn't catch her, but at the same time she was angry at herself for even stopping once.

She tried to contain a cough that was trying to escape her mouth, but muffled it in her hands. The last thing she wanted to do was make loud noises which could reveal her location. She wasn't exactly sure if Jeff was after her at the moment but didn't want to risk it regardless.

[Y/N] finally got her breathing control, but the aching pain was still present in her legs. She wasn't exactly used to running this much and to this extent, but she'll have to force herself to get over it. Unless, she wasn't to literally die.

She pushed herself off from the tree she was leaning on and tried to figure out in which direction to go. Deciding to just keep going in the same direction as before she prepared herself to sprint again, but stopped herself as she heard a startling noice. She hid behind the tree, focusing on which direction that noice came from. The small, crunching of leaves could be heard as footsteps made there way closer to her. They were slow but evident at this point.

[Y/N] looked straight ahead as she realized the direction that sound was coming from. The footsteps were slowly approaching her now. Deciding not to find out whoever that is, she took off in a hurry in another direction away from the noise. The adrenaline was pumping in her veins, her legs running as fast as they could to get away.