𝒮𝒾𝓍

It had been a week since you had called your aunt

It had been a week since you had called your aunt. She was coming to pick you up a week after you had called. She wanted you to have time to pack your things and say good bye to your friends. You had thought about telling Luka you were leaving but you couldn't decide if you wanted to or not. It was going to hurt and you knew that. It would break his heart but you knew it would be worse for him if you didn't say anything and just left. You decided to be brave and tell him. You weren't planning on staying and talking for long because you knew it was going to break your heart too.

Your mom didn't have a problem with you leaving. When you had told her she had laughed and said " good riddance". You never expected her to care it was easier to leave if she didn't. At least she didn't start an argument about it.

You were now standing in the broken down room you had grew up in and you were finally leaving. All your stuff was packed, there wasn't a lot but you loved everything you had. You never planned on coming back to this house. You hated this house with every fiber in your being. You were going to miss Luka, though. How could you not? He was your best friend but it's for the best.

Your aunt was going to be here in a few hours so you began to get dressed. You slipped on your converses as always and plugged in your headphones before jumping out your window and heading out.

It was a cloudy day and a bit chilly but you didn't mind.

It was the perfect weather for you.

You started playing "sleep walk" by deftones because it reminded you of the weather in a weird way.

When you arrived at Lukas you realized you were shaking because of nerves. You knocked on his window and when he looked up you could see all the emotions on his face clear as day. You gave him a kind of lazy, nervous smile. He almost tripped walking to the window which made you give in to a real, genuine smile for the first time in a few weeks.

"Y/n" Luka said slowly after slowly opening the window. He looked like he was in shock and speechless. "Hey"

You said hi quietly while you climbed in. He held his hand out for support. When your hands touched your stomach dropped. You wanted him to love you so bad it hurt. Every time you touched you just wanted more of it. You wanted him to hold you and tell you everything was going to be okay and that he felt the same about you this whole time while you cried in his arms.

Once you were through the window you pulled your hands away instantly and held them behind your back.

But then out of no where he hugged you.
He held you tight like you might disappear but he didn't know you were actually going to in a way.

"Y/n, please know I never meant to hurt you. I'm sorry I hurt you I feel so bad for everything. " you started to tear up and you knew it wouldn't be long before you broke down. "I" he paused " I never knew you felt that way... please know that I'm not mad. I love you"

If only he had meant it the way you wanted him to

Even though you were hurt that he didn't feel the same, you still felt relieved. He wasn't mad at you. You still meant something to him and that alone made you happy.

Now here came the hard part.

"Luka, I have something to tell you. It's important." He looked up at you unreadable.

"Im going to live with my aunt... and im leaving in an hour or so."

There it was
That face

And it broke your heart.

He genuinely looked like someone had killed his mom or something. He was hurt and he looked like he might cry.

"Im sorry.." your voice cracked and you knew you were going to cry. Your face felt like it was on fire and your heart felt like it was in the pit of your stomach. You covered your face with your hands and started sobbing and apologizing.

You were a mess.

Luka hugged you again and put his head on the top of yours. He had known it was going to happen sooner or later. You had talked about it several times and he knew it would be better for you but still he never wanted you to go. He couldn't let you go. You were everything to him. You were his best friend since you guys were little. You guys always looked out for eachother and even though things were shit now he didn't want you to leave.

He felt like crying but he wasn't going to because you came first. He was going to comfort you and make sure you were alright before you left.

The thought of you being somewhere with out him scared him. He was scared that you would get hurt or get into trouble. What if you needed him? What if he needed you?

You guys stood there for a while. You just let everything out while he held you and comforted you. You felt so vulnerable but it was okay because it was him...

You guys talked after that not about all the things that had happened but good memories you had shared together. You guys laughed until you had to say good bye. The next time you would see him would be the end of the semester. Which was only a month but god it was going to feel like a life time.

The walk back home felt different you felt so much more relaxed and kind of happy. You knew this was a new start and the idea made you feel like you actually had a chance. You still had feelings for Luka of course but they felt more at ease then before. You would see him again and maybe the next time you see him those feelings would finally be gone. Then things might actually be good for the both of you....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lemme know what you guys think:)
Im going to try and start uploading regularly and make a schedule of days that I upload a new chapter.

-word count 1090