Ch 8

Izuku panicked. He was hyperventilating in the car as Nighteye attempted to calm him down by caressing his hair, whispering sweet nothings and comforting words into his ear.

He hadn't expected to see that man at all. Izuku thought that he was finally free from that man he once called "father". He thought that he wouldn't have to go back. He thought–.

"Izuku," his once cloudy kind became clear when Nighteye called out to him. The poor boy didn't realize that he was pulled onto Nighteye's lap while the older man comforted him.

"Shh... You're alright... That man wont hurt you... All for One will never lay hands on you again so long as I live," Sasaki, aka Nighteye, whispered to Izuku's ear, appeasing the child's worry.

Izuku teared up and clung close to his true father. Well, he can't necessarily call him that yet. He wasn't close with the pro hero yet, at the same time, he had a bit of hatred for the green and yellow haired adult who didn't save his mom in the first place.

^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^

"Damn it!," All for One cursed as he slammed his fist against the school gate of Goshenite. He was so close to getting the boy but there just had to be a pro hero with him.

A figure stood behind the crippled man and smirked evilly, "Don't worry Hisashi... That boy will soon be under your hands."

^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^

Izuku yawned as he felt his head lay on something soft. He slowly opened his eyes and looked around the dark room.

The boy nearly panicked if it weren't for the soft hand that oatted his chest to lull him to sleep.

"Mngh... Dad...?," he weakly called out and earned a hum. "Go to sleep, Izuku. I'll be right here, protecting you.," Nighteye said ever so softly and continued to lull the child to sleep.

Izuku nodded then reached out to hold on to the pro hero's clothes, "Can you sleep beside me...?" He asked as he lightly tugged on the cloth he was holding.

Without a second thought, Nighteye took off his shoes followed by his white blazer then lied down with his son. Izuku resembled Inko in some aspects but... The boy truly took most of his genetics. From the green hair and yellow highlights, to the face structure and personality.

"You really are so much like me," Mirai mumbled as he watched his son sleep. He remembered his last call with Inko. He heard her cying, saying that she wished she had married him instead of Hisashi. He heard her telling their son everything was fine despite knowing it wasn't.

Mirai's heart clenched painfully. Inko was a mere memory now. He wasn't there to save her... He wasn't there to save his son in the first place... If only, he had fought fer her hand before they broke up. If only he stepped up against All for One... If only, he never allowed the break up to happen... If only he was at her side. If only–

"Mngh..."

The pro hero snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Izuku groan. He looked down to see Izuku on his side, snuggling into his chest.

The sight made Mirai's heart soften. There was no need to dwell on the what ifs. If he continued, he wont be able to protect Izuku from that horrible villain. No matter what the cost is.