my insufferable acting partner (part 1)

pair: taehyung x jisoo
enemies to lovers

the prompt that inspired me to make this two-part one-shot is from @/screnwriter on tumblr.

" you kissed me first. " " i definitely didn't. " " you were literally all over me.

* * *

The lesson seemed to be dragging on longer than usual. As the professor continuously blabbers on about the topic at hand, my eyes seem to wander over to someplace else. I could feel my stomach churn, and that was definitely not in a good way. I hated the sight of her. She was so perfect that it irritated me. I mean, no one should have their whole life together during college, yet here she was, sitting down with a perfect posture, meticulously taking down notes, her dark hair completely well-kept, and was always looking prim and proper.

I, Kim Taehyung, could never compete with Kim Jisoo academically. She is waaaay out of my league, and you may be wondering, 'why are you so pressed about her when you know you cannot stand on the same level as her?'. The joke's on you, reader because I actually can. We both are under the same college organization, a drama organization to be more precise. Ever since my brother rose to fame as an actor, it had become a goal of mine to follow in his footsteps. I never wanted to outshine him, and my parents pushed me to go to a career that I desired the most. It just so happens that I ended up having the same passion as him.

I have had my fair share of acting projects in my grade school and high school years, always hearing songs of praise from parents, students, and teachers for my stellar performances. It boosted my ego of course, and it helped me carry out even more acting roles in plays. So when college came around, I did not hesitate to take Acting as my major. No take-backs, I was truly confident in my skills.

That was until I met her.

She was so good. Too good. It made me feel uneasy and suddenly I was questioning my skills. During the script reading, my eyes were fixated on only her. She held her head up high and was looking so damn smug. She was making me feel inferior, and I hated it. When the roles were given, I had landed the lead male whereas she was the lead female. That was also the first time we start butting heads.

I could recall the tense air in the room as Jisoo uttered her lines to me. Her eyes were filled with determination to one-up me, and I was simply not having it. Her indirect way of challenging me riled me up, causing me to mess up a few times during the practice. As the curtains close and practice has ended, I quietly packed my belongings as the praises that I used to hear were now uttered to another person.

A humbling experience you could say, yet that did not deter my feelings towards acting and the want to get back at Jisoo. It was a series of intense glaring and snarky replies. The organization members noticed it, and jokingly called us a 'married couple'—and I always protested as it was farther from my true feelings towards her. Nonetheless, they continue to do so that I have grown accustomed to being lumped in with her whenever there were major acting projects. Perhaps the members found our constant bickering and competition amusing.

I let out a huff, looking at the time, and would you know, the professor had already wrapped up. Students began filing out of the room, and I noticed that Jisoo was already gone from her seat. Of course, she was. She seems to be involved with a lot of extracurricular activities.

"Hey."

I turned my head to the voice to see a longtime friend, Namjoon who was standing close to the doorway as students passed by him. I hear other people gushing over the broad man as he was wearing a rather tight-fitting black t-shirt and skinny jeans, allowing the articles of clothing to accentuate his great proportions. He usually opted for more baggy clothes, but it seemed like today was one of those days when he felt like stepping out of his comfort zone.