my insufferable acting partner (part 2)

pairing: taehyung x jisoo
enemies to lovers

the prompt that inspired me to make this three-part** one-shot is from @/screnwriter on tumblr.

" you kissed me first. " " i definitely didn't. " " you were literally all over me. "

* * *

If it was one thing I hated, it was to be outshone in my own game. An opportunity has presented itself in front of me, and I am not going to let Miss Kim Jisoo take all of the spotlight for herself. Whatever project this was going to be, I am going to make sure that I receive the final laugh. The meeting has been adjourned and members started filing out the theater. I decided to take initiative to approach Naeun regarding details about the project so that I could get a head start on how to approach the character I would portray.

"Hey, Naeun-ssi," I jog towards her. She stops walking and looks back at me, "Yes? Is there anything you need, Taehyung?"

"Any further details about the project? I would really like to get a head start if that's fine with you."

Naeun lets out a soft huff as she looks at her clipboard once again, "The script hasn't been formulated yet, but I talked with Eunwoo, and he said that we are going to have a mystery-thriller this time," She then looks at me and smiles, "I appreciate your enthusiasm, Taehyung. I'll make sure to email you the details once I grab a hold of everything, okay?"

I gave a nod of approval, "That would be great, thank you so much Naeun." She then nods before leaving. Contented, I also decided to take my leave, exiting the theater. However, I was not prepared to see Jisoo leaning against the entrance of the theater, as if she was waiting for someone. I took one good look at her before beginning to continue on my merry way, however, the sound of fast-paced footsteps caused me to look back once again.

Jisoo was following me.

I stopped dead in my tracks as I turned to face her. "What do you want?" I ask, not trying to hide my distaste for her. She has a deadpan look on her face, but nonetheless, she speaks, "This project is important to me, and I am sure it is the same for you," She began, "And I know we aren't on good terms, but for this one project... can we... please..." I couldn't exactly hear the rest as it was incoherent muttering to herself.

"Can you please speak up? I can't hear you." I demand, and she looked like she was about to sock me on the head. She takes in a deep breath, "I'm going to be honest with you, I really hate working with you,"—The feeling is absolutely mutual—"But I want to make this work, and I want to ask that we practice our lines together."

"That's not possible," I bluntly replied, "We hate each other's guts... remember?"

Jisoo sighs, "I know, but can we please put our differences aside just for this one project? I know if we were to continuously one-up each other, we are going to jeopardize the work."

I gave it some thought. She was making a lot of good points and I hate to admit it. Actors and actresses need to have synergy in order to produce an outstanding performance; this is a group effort, not one person is going through this alone. I glance at Jisoo once again, who was patiently waiting for my answer. Would it certainly kill me to team up with her? Yes, but I have no other choice but to cooperate. God, I may have to start getting used to this because I know this is certainly not the last time we are going to work on the same project.