1. Birthday

"Watcha watcha doing. Watcha watcha doing." I sang peaking into my dog, valentine's house in the living room. Sadly he was not there.

"Val Val VALENTINE" I yelled in the end.

"Quit yelling Aria. It's almost midnight" I heard my grandma saying from the kitchen.

"VAL IS MISSING" I yelled again despite hearing her words.

"Search for him instead of yelling" she ordered. I didn't listen.

"VAL VAL VA-" my screaming got cut off hearing the only people I am terrified of.

"What did grandma tell you Aria?" He spoke in a dark and cold tone. I turned my head towards the main entrance of the house. There stood Vince, my older brother in a black suit, his eyes glaring at me with his arms crossed across his chest.

A shiver went down my spine with the look he was giving me. I froze in fear.

"Do I need to repeat myself?" He asked. Anger laced in his tone. I quickly shook my head and apologised. "You didn't answer my questions yet?"

"Not to yell. I am sorry" I whispered.

"Louder" he raised his own voice causing me to slightly flinch.

"Not to yell. I am sorry" I raised my voice a bit but not to my normal tone but enough for everyone to hear.

"Apologise to her" he pointed out.

"I am sorry grandma" I turned to her and quickly apologised. He nodded in agreement and walked to the couch while I went near the entrance to greet others.

I have five brothers. Vince being the oldest followed by Theo, Issac, Leon and Elio. They live in New York while I live with my grandparents. I don't know where my parents are, Vince is our guardian. When I was 5 I moved to California to live with my grandparents. In this, Vince and Theo are the scariest. Issac can be scary and also super cool when he wants to be. Leon and Elio are my partner in crime. 

Tomorrow is my 11th birthday that's why they are here to celebrate. Every year no matter what they will always come to my birthday. I waved at Theo and muttered a 'hi'. He smiled a little and replied with a small 'hi' and joined Vince in the living room with my grandparents. I hugged Issac Leon and Elio telling them how much I missed them.

"Come on let's get these bags inside" Issac said carrying a ton. Everyone took their heavy bags while I helped them with their lighter ones. After that was sorted out we settled on the couch with my grandparents Vince Theo and Issac talking to each other while Leon Elio and I decided to play mobile games in multiplayer mode. I was so into the game before I heard my grandpa voice.

"Oh before I forget. Tomorrow you have to go to Aria's school. Her principal called"

"Why? What did she do?" Vince asked in a hard tone, I gulped.

"You would be astonished" grandpa answered. I could feel beads of sweat forming on my forehead as I acted like i didn't hear anything and focused on the game.

"I won't be able to go. I have a important meeting" Vince answered. As soon as I heard that I felt like I won million dollars in a second but that vanished hearing Theo.

"I am free. I will go" he shrugged.

"Okay. That's sorted out" oh my goodness, what do I do? I have to some how stop him or I will be in a big treat once everyone knows.

"I won" beamed Leon.

"I lost" Elio and I said together. We continued playing games, I lost in every single match. All I wanted was ways to stop Theo from visiting school.