8

By the time we reach my school gates I was reduced to sniffles while his eyes didn't waver.

I grabbed a tissue from the glove box and wiped my face one last time making sure I look presentable before grabbing the door handle, ready to deal with the day.

Confusion fetch upon me as the door didn't bulge. I looked at Issac silently telling him to unlock the child lock.

He glanced at me for a quick second before shifting his eyes to road in the front, pressing his foot onto the gas which screeched the tires for a second and swished from the place.

Looks like I am not going to school today.

I relaxed in my seat without uttering another word. Even if Issac took this decision in anger I was more than happy to skip school for a day. Especially when I have a test on maths that I didn't prepare for.

We have been driving around the city for almost an hour taking random twists and turns. Just as I was about to fall asleep the car came to a abrupt stop.

I rubbed my eyes trying to rub off my  sleep while sitting straight and taking a look out of the window.

"Ice cream" I squealed in excitement and turned to Issac. He got out of the car with a blank face but I swear I saw the corners of his mouth lifting upward in a tiniest way possible, into a smile.

He came to my side and opened my door offering me his hand. I took it without hesitation as I got down from the car.

We walked into the store which has close to no customer present as the day has just began. I was way too excited to have ice cream but I was controlling myself not wanting to get yelled at again.

"What do you want?" Issac questioned looking at the different flavours present in front of us.

"Blackcurrant and chocolate with a drizzle of Belgium chocolate on top" I beamed.

"Choose any one" Issac retorted.

"Please can we get both" I pleaded testing my luck.

"Any one" His eyes shifted from looking at the displayed icecream to me within fraction of second. His face set on a glare followed by coldness in his eyes.

"Blackcurrant" I whispered lowering my gaze to the floor.

Why would I even try?

I'm so stupid. Instead of going with what he says and being grateful I always want to change things the way I want them to be.

Am I selfish?

But wanting two icecream doesn't sound selfish at all.

Gosh! Whatever! I can do this later. All i want right now is icecream.

"One cone of blackcurrant with extra raisins on top,1 cup of chocolate with a drizzle of Belgium chocolate and a cup of cookies n cream" Issac ordered with no politeness but nevertheless he ordered both of my icecream and the way I liked them.

"Anything else sir?" The guy behind the counter questioned typing away on the screen in front of him.

"No thank you" Issac pulled out his wallet taking a 100 dollar bill from it.

"Thank you" I threw my arms around his waist without thinking twice resting my head on his stomach.

"Your welcome" he smiled resting one of his hand on my shoulder and head. I pulled back with a smile, shifting my eyes to watch the man prepare my icecream. Forgetting why I was here to begin with.

Issac gave the blackcurrant cone to me while he carried chocolate and cookies n cream. We found a booth in the corner from where we have a clear view of everything happening in the store and moved towards it.

We settled down with me licking my icecream along the way. No words were exchanged as we ate in silence. I completed my cone before he finished half of his, my eyes going to the chocolate cup deciding whether to ask or say quiet until given. I must have started for long time as Issac just ended up pushing the cup towards me.

"Thank you" I grinned before stuffing my face with it. I would never get tired of ice creams like they are the best foods in the  whole entire world.

"I'm sorry for the way I reacted I should have taken a different approach" Issac spoke after a long silence.

"No I'm sorry. I shouldn't have sneaked out" I apologized stopping stuffing my mouth for a moment.

"Why would you even do that?" He questioned calmly pushing his completed ice cream cup aside.

"It's just that I wanted to see a highschool party" I stammered. Honestly, I don't know why I did what I did.

"You could have asked one of us" he retorted.

"I was scared you wouldn't allow. So I sneaked out I thought no-one will be suspicious if I didn't take a word" i mumbled looking at my icecream melting away in the cup.

"I would have agreed"

"What!" I lifted my head at a quick speed. He nodded before answering.

"I don't know about others but I would have agreed. And maybe even help you to convince others" he shrugged.

Maybe I should have just asked.

"I'm sorry"

"Apology accepted Aria" I smiled. He used Aria instead of Verona. "Next time instead of sneaking out straight away ask one of us"

"Okayyy" I sang. I would say Vince beating didn't change me as much as I thought I would change the last night.

"Promise not to sneak out" he held his pinky out waiting for me to connect mine.

"I can promise if that satisfies u but I know I can't keep it."

He opened his mouth to say something but got cut off by his phone ringing. He pulled his phone from his pant pocket and looked at his screen with a horrified look.

"Who?" I asked curiously. He turned his screen to me making me stop devouring.

The screen read 'Big Head' aka VINCE.