i

It all started three years back.

When Brett had parted away from Eddy, it was like hastened pieces of their own souls, the melting lava, dripping tears from their core. Like the sun, everything revolved around each other.

But the sun was gone. The sunshine stopped and everything was dull in the dusk.

Brett and Eddy kept in close touch for the first few months, however, as the skies parted from each other, cracks between their relationship splintered. It was the brink of the end, though they both didn't want to. 

Ze avoided contact as much as possible, and the intimacy faded gradually. They both had their own separate lives, like two railways, forgone about their crossed paths.

This continuous ignorance didn't matter until Brett and Eddy were forced to see each other again, under circumstances. They had to work together in an orchestral performance, which coincidentally led to a partnered relationship between the two.

Brett thought it wasn't a bad idea per se, but a spark of uncertainty, fear, and unease drooped on his back like heavy weightlifters. For such a simple event that they often shared before they parted, carried so much weight.

So after months of hiatus connection, Brett scrolled down to the very bottom of his contact list and messaged Eddy.

"Hey, long time no see. Want to meet up before the orchestra rehearsal next Thursday? Are you free?"

His fingers trembled as he typed word by word slowly. Even though they used to text all day and all night, it felt very different after the separated time.

He didn't want to admit it, but he was afraid of losing the friendship.