iv

They ended up picking Duo Concertante by Spohr.

As soon as the first note struck the air, magic was made. The swing of the bows, the looks, the gazes, the passion, and the music made everything feel safe.

It felt like the reality of the cruel world had faded, and what was left to be viewed as a fantasy world. A world of love --- a world of peace. Whatever their relationship was, Brett and Eddy were destined to be duet soulmates. Even with the awkwardness, the unease, and the silence, the sense of belonging put them back in place, where they originated.

Juxtaposed with music, Eddy sneaked a gaze at Brett, eyes starving gleaming smile. He was supposed to hate him, except he couldn't help but giggle when he or Brett messed up. He was supposed to be indifferent to their old friendship. But even through distance and time, the speed of recovery was instant as they played music.

With strong stances of confidence, their notes danced in midair, as if it was a language that only they could understand, like lovers finally reunited --- that is to say, it's what breaks the silence.

The unbearable severance was causing tension. Brett knew henceforth, they were going to be together again forever.

This is what they felt: the warmth of sunshine and the sweet smiles of 'welcome home'.