iii

Come hell or high water, Brett decided to get through it. He was desperate and wanted the longing and comfortable relationship back like the old times.

"So uh, do you want to play something?" He pointed at the violin.

"Okay," Eddy mumbled since he had no idea of what to do anyway. As he got out his violin, he caught his eyes getting a glimpse of Brett's roseate lips. The round retractive glasses fit perfectly in the bridge of his nose, making it imposing. His hair had gotten longer which as a result, led to fluffy bangs drooping on his forehead. He looked somewhat...cute. Oh shut up, brain.

Brett waved his hands across his face, teasing his daydreams.

"Oh sorry," his cheeks turned bright red, and glanced away instantly.

Randomly plucking the strings of his violin, Eddy flipped through some orchestra excerpts for their upcoming concert. 

"Don Juan, huh?" Brett peeked through his black score folder.

"Yeah," he replied while rubbing rosin on his bow. His friend stared at his actions curiously. There was an awkward taciturn again.

"I was thinking of playing some duets," Brett broke the unwanted silence. "If you want," the last part was added immediately when he just realized how bossy he sounded.

"Sure." Eddy watched Brett grab a random book on the shelf, setting up the stand near the couch.

"We're in for a sightreading treat." He smiled.

(But man, that smile looked hot.)