Chapter 17 (Judy In The Water)

Lorraine nearly screamed as she scrambled back under the table. From the view under the table, she saw the bottom of a dirty white nightgown, and cold grey, muddy legs. Lorraine began to panic, breathing in and out heavily as the body in front of her swayed a little. Then, the sound of ropes squeaking, after which, the legs turned to face her. Slowly.

Lorraine screamed in fear as she made a mad scramble from under the table, the legs following after her. She caught a glimpse of Bathsheba in the moonlight. She screamed. As she ran for the stairs leading out of the basement, a force grabbed the necklace Lorraine had been wearing, pulling her back and choking her. Lorraine fumbled with the clasp, unlatching it and running to the door, leaving the necklace floating on one of the dusty chairs.

In the living room, Diana had long stopped her screaming for her mother, instead keeping a sharp ear for anything out of the ordinary. A scream, a 'thunk'. Anything. Diana's eyes were puffy from crying and her lower lip trembled as she worried for her mother. Ed who had been trying to locate Lorraine in the walls quietened. His eyes widened when he heard his wife's faint screams.

He rushed to the basement door and pulled it open, finding his wife scrambling up the stairs. "I know what she did! I know what she did!" Lorraine called out as she ran into Ed's arms, Ed trying to calm his frantic wife. They rushed out of the basement, Diana leaping from her seat on the couch and into her mother's arms. "Mom!"

"I know what she did," Lorraine panted as she hugged her daughter back.

"What?" Ed asked quickly.

"She possessed the mother to kill the child," Lorraine breathed out, Carolyn appearing in front of the clairvoyant. "She visits Carolyn every night! That's what the bruise marks are, she's feeding off of her!" Lorraine says, gesturing to the bruise marks on Carolyn's arms.

Right as Lorraine finished, the crosses Ed and Diana had placed around the house began to shake, as though an invisible force was pushing it down with its will. The one behind Ed and Lorraine slammed down onto the shelf it was standing on. So was another in a different part of the house. One by one the crosses were either slammed down onto the surface or thrown off the shelves, scaring the family.

"Uh, Nancy?" Christine whispered, seeing a small lock of Nancy's hair floating from her shoulder. Nancy turned to look, only for her hair to be pulled forcefully, making her fly across the room, smashing into a glass pane. "Nancy!" Roger called out, sliding down onto his knees to try and grab Nancy. "Dad, help! Help me Dad!" Nancy cried out as she was once again grabbed by the hair and dragged a few feet away, Roger losing his grip on her.

Right when Roger got close to Nancy, she was pulled to another corner of the room, Nancy screaming hysterically, grabbing at her hair to try and stop the pulling."Grab her!" Ed yelled. She ran right into Brad, who grabbed hold of her, only to be flung into a nearby wall as Nancy was dragged again. "Daddy help!" Nancy screamed.

Everyone in the house was screaming in panic as Ed rushed to Nancy, only for the spirit to drag her away again, like it was playing a game of tag. Roger and Ed had been holding on to Nancy, but even the weight of two grown men couldn't anchor the girl. The three ended up being dragged around the living room. Diana lunged for Nancy, grabbing the hair that was being pulled and saw the entity causing the trouble.

"LET HER GO DEMON!" Diana yelled forcefully, tugging at the hair the entity was holding. It howled, as if in pain before snarling at her, hitting her away from Nancy, Diana flying across the room. Lorraine came in, holding a pair of scissors that Drew used before and cutting the hair the entity was holding, freeing Nancy from its grasp. Nancy wailed in fear as Roger cradled her, checking her for any injuries. A faint 'Is she okay?' could be heard from Carolyn, but no one paid it any mind as they made sure all the girls were alright.