Chapter 20 (Premonition)

Lorraine's face paled. The pendant that had been ripped off her neck. That was how she knew how to get to Judy. That was how she knew to get to Lorraine through Judy and Diana. Lorraine lowered her head and peppered both Diana and Judy's faces with kisses, calming them to the point where both were nearly lulled to sleep.

20 minutes later, Judy had been put to bed and Diana stayed awake, a bad feeling pooling in her gut. Something wasn't right. Diana jumped when the phone suddenly rang. She ran over to it, picking it up and handing it to her father who was now behind her.

"Hello?"

"It's Roger. Somethin's going on with Carolyn. Andrea was here, she said Carolyn took off with April and Christine. The girls said she smelled like rotten meat," Roger informs over the phone, the conversation loud enough for both Diana and Lorraine to hear.

While Diana was piecing things together in her head, her mother was one step ahead. "Possesses the mother to kill the child, that's what she does. She's taking them to the house," Lorraine states, turning to Ed.

Diana looked up, horror clouding her eyes. "Bathsheba. She was using me and Judy as a distraction. You came back sooner than she expected. She wanted to keep you here long enough for her to get the girls back to the house."  Ed looked to the two women standing before him, then turned back to the phone. "Roger, get back to the house. Now. I'll meet you," he speaks into the phone beforehanging up.

"I'm coming with you," Lorraine started, speaking at the same time as Diana, only to be cut off by Ed before they could say anything else. "No, you stay with Judy. Both of you," Ed says, his tone saying everything his words couldn't. He didn't want either of them to go. It was too dangerous.

Diana stayed quiet. She knew she couldn't convince her father. Maybe her mother could. But even she would agree that Diana should stay with Judy. "The only way to protect Judy is if we stop this where it started! Otherwise, she'll just latch on to us again!" Lorraine argued.

"That's exactly why I'm going," Ed explained. He moved to grab his things. "You think I'm – we're going to let you walk into this alone?" Lorraine asked her husband, a tone of disbelief lacing her voice. Diana's head perked up at the mention of her going with them. "I can't lose you. Either of you," Ed said. His eyes looked straight into Lorraine's. "You won't. Let's finish this together."

Ed just groaned silently in frustration. His wife was the only one who could do this to him. "Fine. But Diana stays here," Ed says. Lorraine didn't say anything. But her eyes told Ed she agreed. "What?" Diana intervened. "You are not going. You are staying here to take care of Judy," Ed orders sternly. "Bathsheba won't go after Judy again! Besides, she has Nanna to take care of her!" Diana tried to argue. "No. It's too dangerous. You know when I can't let you go means I can't and won't let you go," Ed tries again.

"It's not like I'm any safer in this house than out on the field with you! If anything, me being with Judy might put her in more danger! It's me Bathsheba goes after! Before that, when I wasn't with Judy, she was safe!" Diana yells. Lorraine looks to her husband. Ed just groans, running a hand through his hair. With that, Diana smiled. She had just won her first argument with her father.

Next thing they knew, they had called up Brad and rushed over in their car with Brad's police car in front of them, to the Perron house. As the cars rolled up to the front, Diana spotted the minivan Drew had driven in, parked outside the house. Lorraine and Diana had leapt out of the car before the engine car stopped and ran into the house, before tugging on the door handle. "Agh! It's locked!" Lorraine exclaimed.

Ed slammed his palm on the door in frustration. "Ed!" Brad called out, slamming down his trunk revealing a shotgun in his hand. "Get out of the way!" Ed immediately ran to the side, Brad cocking the shotgun and firing at the doorknob, the door flinging open at the force. As they entered, they heard a loud screaming from Carolyn. The lights further down the hallway were on, and the door to the basement open. Ed yelled for Carolyn and Roger, who heard Ed from the basement, yelled for Ed, allowing Ed to find them.