Chapter 13: More Like Big Sweetheart

It now has been around two weeks that she has been in this time period and over the days she had the pleasure of getting to know the other pillars . Though a few of them couldn't handle her randomness specifically Obanai, Muichirou and Shinobu.

She had also explored most of the villages during her nightly outings as she used that time to keep up her training and hero work by scouting some of the towns and quickly saving the people whenever there's a demon attacking or it was a human.

She even made a game out of it by chasing around the demon and popping out of different spots to scare the bejeezus out of them before storing them in a shadow . Though at some point she had to give them over to the demon slayers in the area since she would start to get a headache from carrying too many demons in her shadows.

This one wasn't an exception.

A demon, male with dark green markings on his grey skin with slightly pointed features was running through the dark street in terror. He had just been trying to eat a couple only to have a female capture him. He shivered at the memory of being dragged around and tossed as he had struggled to get rid of the black bond that tied him up, with no luck he was stuck with his captor humming a disturbing tune before being released. Right now he still heard it, echoing in every direction he went, no matter how many turns he took it just got closer.

He finally collapsed shivering "P...please...stop ...I'm s..sorry " he cried covering his face before finally hearing the sound of a bell jingling, his body tenses up slowly moving his hands. He spotted a pair of curled shoes with bells at the back of it. His eyes slowly looks up.

The female stared at him, her eyes narrowed in amusement " Why hello there buddy...didja miss me " she crouches as she had his own shadow restrict his movements." Wouldn't want you hurting someone ...do we " she grins as she pats his head.

He flinches growling lightly only for his head to be slammed into the ground " Y...you....b-mmm" his body sank into his shadow as he thrashed around.

" And another job well done " She straightens up posing as she slicks back her hair with a light grin.

Her head tilts feeling a set of heavy footsteps shake the ground as her head turns to see a figure much bigger than her, the figure turned out to be Gyomei as he turned his head to the side.

"Kamijo-san did you deal with the demon ?" He made a hum as he walked towards her with the light clinking of chains being heard as his flail was swinging behind him.

" Oh hey Himejima-san...ah yea I did, well he is still alive but restrained " she slowly tilts her head back to look up at him silently gulping as his height made her a bit nervous and this is coming from someone that tugged around Uppermoon 1.

" Ah could you please bring it out so I can deal with it properly " he carefully unhooks the axe piece while holding the chain link.

She stares at it before sighing "Yea sure gimme a moment "she hummed before flicking her hand up causing the demon to pop out as it shivered in place, barely registering that it's head had been chopped off.

She jumped back placing a hand on her chest " Oh my Kami what the hell happened ?" she stared at the headless body then at the head on the ground as it started to disintegrate , a bit shaken from the speed the stone pillar showed.

" I just took care of it " he hummed as he placed back his weapon and lightly rolls his prayer beads between his hands as tears slid down his face " Namu Amida Butsu " he looked up to the sky.

She stood there awkwardly " ...huh didn't know were into bhuddism " she shifted in place before shaking her head.

"I am...I wish to pray for those that need protection or a passage to the light while also asking for protection during every mission .." a small smile appears on his face.