Shelter

Walking up the trail, Camilo looked around at the nature around him. It really was beautiful. So many flowers, so many plants, and so much more.

After a few minutes, they finally reached the end of the trail and to Camilo's surprise, there was a cute cottage ahead.

"There it is!" Y/N smiled at Camilo. Camilo looked up at her, with a confused look.

"Why is your house out of the village?" He questioned. Y/N looked at him with a saddened gaze. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to! Sorry, probably shouldn't have mentioned it—"

"No, it's okay. It's just that some people in the village don't like my parents, so we had to move out the village." Y/N explained.

"Why would you have to move out?" Camilo asked, with a concerned tone. Y/N frowned a bit, as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Some people would attack my parents in the village. So, we moved out. But after their death, I don't think it matters where I live now. Nobody had a problem with me, just my parents." She explained, once more.

"Oh," Camilo hesitated, as he watched Y/N lowered her head down. "I'm so sorry. You don't deserve that,"

"No, it's fine! Really. I usually think positive about it, because they're in a better place." She said, with a smile. She made eye contact with Camilo.

For a solid five seconds, Camilo looked at her. Camilo looked worried. Y/N was just gazing into the floor, cluelessly.

"Hey! Want to help me make some food?" Y/N suddenly exclaimed. Camilo twitched at the sudden movement and noise, then chuckled.

"Sure." He said with a grin.

"Great! Here, come to the kitchen." Y/N giggled. She immediately stood up, leading Camilo to the kitchen.

Her kitchen was pretty big for such a small cottage. The floor was wood and the walls were some kind of tile. Camilo liked the design and the interior of the house. While exploring the kitchen, Y/N gave Camilo a few tasks to do.

Tasks like, 'Hey, can you give me the flour?' or 'Camilo! Clean that up!' Overall, Camilo was having a great time with Y/N. They had a few food fights, but managed to finally make a decent meal.

After they both ate, they ran out of things to do. They both sat on the chairs, gazing into the table, not knowing what to do.

"Y/N, what do you want to do?" Camilo asked in a bored tone.

"I don't know," She shrugged. "We can go take a walk. I know a great trail!"

"Yeah, let's do that." Camilo smiled.

As they both arose from their chairs, they pushed their chairs in, and headed for the door.

They opened the door, and the weather was perfect for hiking. Y/N and Camilo walked through the beautiful pathway that lead to the village.

"This way, Camilo. We have to go through the forest." Y/N whispered, as they slowly walked past the entrance of the village.

While walking through the forest, Camilo noticed tons of details about the forest. Details you wouldn't notice by quickly passing by. There were tons of leaves everywhere. They started to fall of the trees. Must be autumn, Camilo thought to himself.

He observed a leaf as it fell from a leaf-less tree. It seemed to be the last leaf on that tree, but now it was falling. It felt like time had stopped, when he saw the leaf falling from the sky slowly. He looked around, nervous.

"Camilo?" Y/N asked. Camilo got scared by Y/N, somehow and started shape-shifting into random people. He shape-shifted himself back into him, but his face was a little bit messed up.

Y/N looked at him and started laughing. "Camilo, fix your face."

Camilo looked clueless, as he shook his head and his faced went back into 'place'. Y/N laughed uncontrollably. "Sorry, Y/N." he chuckled.

"You're funny, Camilo. You know that, right?" Y/N said with a smile. They made eye contact, and Camilo blushed a bit.

"Thank you, Y/N." Camilo grinned. He chuckled a bit.

"Of course. Anyways, let's head up this hill." She said.

They started walking again, and Camilo went back to observing everything. Y/N lead him up the hill, trying to make sure he wouldn't run off chasing a butterfly or something stupid.

As they finally made the top of the hill, you could see the whole village from above. It was a great view. This place calmed Camilo's mind.

"Camilo, sit over here!" Y/N offered as she sat on the edge of the hill.

"Be careful, Y/N." He warned her, as he sit next to her.

From the view you could see La Casa. My home, Camilo thought to himself.  Why did I run away.

Why did I have to be so selfish? Why did I have to abandon my family? Why did I become so angry with Luisa?

Maybe it was a good thing.

What am I talking about? Nothing is good about this situation. I ran away from home.

But if I didn't run away,

would I have ever met Y/N?

Maybe this was a good thing to do.

Maybe not.