Chapter 5

After partying at the bar, she went home with Lainey and Harper to spend the night. They didn't have work the next day so we stayed up laughing and singing songs until around 3 that night. She woke up to a text from Blake. "Hey this is Blake and I just wanted to say that I had a lot of fun at the bar last night. We should get dinner sometime soon"  She  looked at the text longer than I needed to and smiled like a teenage girl.

"Whatcha smilin' at Lacey?" Lainey said with a giggle.

"Lacey has a crushhh" Harper yelled in a mocking way.

"Oh my word, grow up y'all!" She said while hitting Harper with her pillow. 

"What did you say the guys name was?" asked Lainey

"Blake. Blake Coleman I think"

"Wait a minute that name sounds familiar" Lainey said looking his name up on her phone

"Oh my gosh, now I know why. He owns the biggest insurance company in the state, maybe in the country. He is mega rich"

"He said he worked in the insurance buisness but didn't say anything about owning a company"

"Well he does"

"Lacey's got her a rich boyfriend" which earned Harper another hit with the pillow.

"So, since when does Morgan have a girlfriend?" Lacey asked, trying not to sound too interested.

"Girl, have you been living under a rock? Their relationship is all over social media. People love them. She is a model from New York." said Harper.

"Really? I had no idea."

Lacey texted Blake for a while and tried to hide her smile and blushed face. Though she really likes Blake, Morgan kept squeezing his way back into her mind. She can't get all of the good memories and all of the times with him out of her head. 

8 years ago- I walk into art class. It was one of my favorite classes. There was about 12 people in it, but I wasn't familiar with any of them. Except for him. Morgan looked my way and grinned, waving me over. 

"Hey Lace, I got a seat for ya right here" He said and patted the seat beside him.

Mrs. Dickerson was a old, saggy, and bitter art teacher. She obviously let out her anger out on all of the students. Mostly me and Morgan, to be fair we might have deserved it. He kept on writing dirty pictures and words on my hand and I kept pushing him away, both of us laughing and not paying attention to a word the teacher was saying.  We kept laughing and cracking jokes even after Mrs. Dickerson had told us to stop multiple times. Finally she had enough. 

"MORGAN! LACEY! OUT NOW!"

My face got bright red as I took the walk of shame out of the classroom, following Morgan. We stepped in the hall and leaned agianst the wall beside each other. All of a sudden Morgan started dying laughing. He was having a hard time breathing he was laughing so hard. I got mad saying 

"Its not funny Morgan! My parents are gonna kill me! Mason is gonna kill you! Its gonna be a bloodbath! This is the second time this week we have gotten kicked out of that classroom!"

"Its fineeee"

Morgan got in trouble quite a bit so he was used to it by now. He was always partying or out with some girl. Mason and Morgan were quite the duo. Infamous for getting into trouble. But I on the other hand, did not get into trouble much. I was a good student with good grades and Mason always ran off the boys, of course Morgan always made fun of me for it. I could still have a good time, I just didn't like spending everyday in the principles office, which Morgan seemed so fond of. 

When school got out that day me Addie and Morgan walked out to meet Mason in the parking lot. I could hear my brother screaming from a few cars away

"LACEY LYNN FERMAN!"

"you're in deep shit" whispered Addie.

"Are you kidding me right now? You got kicked out of art AGAIN?!"

"Listen man it was really my faul-" Morgan was interrupted my Mason saying

"Oh I know. You have got to stop getting her in trouble! I swear Im gonna beat your fucking ass one day, she never gets in trouble unless she's around you!"

They had this argument at least once a week. It might seem like Mason was super mad but that was just him.  I just rolled my eyes and hopped in the truck, listening to them bicker all the way home.