Chapter 8

After her date Lacey started working on songs again, but couldn't get any work done with the thought of Blake on her mind. After about an hour of working Harper walked in with the biggest smile on her face saying

"Soooo how was it?" Lacey had texted her earlier and told her that she was going on the date , but hadn't seen her since she got back.

"Really good. It's funny, he normally wouldn't be my type at all, but I really enjoy hanging out with him"

"Aww that's so sweet"

"We kissed"

"YOU WHAT? Oh my gosh! How was it?" Harper said, rushing towards Lacey's desk and setting both of her hands on it, leaning down closer to Lacey.

"I mean it wasn't a real kiss, just a quick peck"

"Still, that's exciting"

"Yea, I think I like him"

"Well good. I just came in here to let you know that Mr.Wiseman is really liking your material, I just had a meeting with him"

Mr.Wiseman was one of the owners of Big Loud, so this was very exciting news to Lacey.

"I didn't even know he really looked at the writer's stuff. I thought he just looked at it before it was released." She said smiling.

"Yea, that's normally the case. I don't know how or why he got to see your songs before they were cut. But, he did!"

"Well, I'm excited no matter how he knows about it!"

"Oh and if you keep up the good work you can start working from home and only coming in for meetings. You'll also be able to go the singers houses and stuff to work on songs. I actually really surprised that Mr.Wiseman is letting you do that so soon. He normally waits at least a few months, just to make sure no creepers are going to their houses, but that's what most of the writers do. It's really rare for people to actually come to the office. I'm surprised Morgan has been here twice this week, we hardly ever see him"

"Good! That's so exciting "Lacey said, ignoring the part about Morgan. 

"OK, well I'll see ya later" said Harper and walked out the door.

Lacey was giddy with the news and really couldn't focus now. She tried to work for another hour or so, but she really was not getting any work done so she just grabbed her things and left a little early. She ran through the Chick-fil-a drive through on her way home, not wanting to go out anywhere. She wasn't one to go out by herself but she did love going out with her friends. 

She got her food and curled up on the couch, turning her tv to Yellowstone which she had been obsessed with the last couple of weeks. When then episode ended she got on Tik-Tok, after scrolling for a while an edit of Morgan came up. It was so weird to her that so many people were obsessed with him now. It was crazy that he was the same boy who she used to go egg the mean teachers houses with and spend summer evenings partying at the lookout, or grabbing breakfast at Eddies. He was all famous now. She wanted no part of that life. She would hate not being able to go anywhere without being recognized or asked to take a picture. That would be miserable. But, Morgan always wanted to be in the spotlight...

8 years ago- Morgan stepped up to the plate, ready to pitch, taking a deep breath. He threw the ball with a winning pitch and all the girls that always came to his games began jumping up and down, screaming his name. Morgan always had his little posse following him around, the girls he was constantly stringing along. He smiled looking over the crowd, but looked past the girls and found my eyes. My face flashed hot red as I shot an awkward smile. His team swarmed the field and his gaze got knocked from mine, snapping me out of my daze. Things had been so different lately, like our friendship was turning into something different. But Morgan still had his girls and I would not be just another one of them. Plus, I didn't want to lose one of my best friends, I couldn't .