Chapter 10

Lacey was so nervous on her way to the restaurant. Almost sick to her stomach. This whole thing was really not helping with her anxiety. It had gotten a lot better but this whole move had upset it. She was just now settling into Nashville and was very happy with Blake and now she just knew that Morgan was going to mess it up. He would never let her just be with a guy he always had to mess it up... 

"Hey babe, you ok? You don't look so good." said Blake, noticing her pale complexion. 

"Oh yeah I'm fine"

"You sure?"

"Yea, yea. Just um... Don't pay attention to Morgan if he's an asshole. He tends to kinda get like that around guys I'm dating. Him and my brother were good friends so he kinda has that mindset. You know?"

"So y'all knew each other pretty well then?"

"Um... yea I guess you could say that"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I just didn't want you to worry about him, that's all"

"Do I need to be worried?" Said Blake with a serious face 

"No, no of course not!" Lacey just kept telling herself that, even thought in the back of her mind she knew that it might not be true. But, no she could not do that. She was happy and she wasn't going to let Morgan ruin that. No matter how much she might want him to... 

They pulled up to the Palm and the valet took their car. The rest of the ride had been a little tense. Lacey could tell Blake was a bit upset that she hadn't told him that her and Morgan knew each other, but she was just going to try and get through the date. They could deal with that later. The night was going to be tough enough without fighting with Blake. 

Morgan and Olivia were already standing by the door waiting for them.  They all said hello to each other, the girls hugging and the boys shaking hands. 

"Have I already told you how amazing you look tonight Lace?"

"Yes I believe you have, Morgan" Said Lacey in a slightly irritated tone.

"Well you do" He said, obviously looking her up and down with no shame. Even in front of Olivia and Blake. 

"Reservations at 7:30, we don't want to be late" Said Blake, cutting off Morgan's sweet talk.

Morgan opened the door for them and they all walked in. They were immediately seated at a table in the back of the resturaunt, per Morgans request. Lacey sat beside Blake with Morgan directly across the table from her and Olivia beside him. He seemed slightly uneasy, but Lacey paid it no attention. Which is what she planned to do all night, pay him no attention. Instead she focused on the beautiful atmosphere. It was dark with mood lighting and fancy white tablecloths. The waitress came by and asked what drinks they would like, starting with Morgan. 

"I'd like a Jack and Coke. Same for you Lace?"

"No, Vodka sprite please" which earned a look from Morgan

Blake then ordered a beer and Olivia ordered a cocktail.

"Vodka sprite huh?" asked Morgan

"Yep"

"Hmm.. I always remember you being a Jack kind of girl" he said with a smirk " Then again I guess it always got you into trouble. Didn't it?"

Lacey just glared, not responding to the suggestive comment. He then turned his attention to Blake.

"So I hear you're a business man"

"Yes, I'm in the insurance business"

"And where'd ya learn to do that"