Chapter 2

"Can you stop staring at her Sapphire. You're being creepy as fuck" Ashley, Sapphire's best friend and cousin whispered to her. She gave her cousin an annoyed side eye. 

Sapphire shook her head that laid rest on her fist as she gazed at her teacher. "Can't do, she's just so perfect, just look at her"

"Gross. Please stop. She's literally glaring at you" Ashley held her hand out as if doing so would make Sapphire see Miss Jade without her "rose colored glasses." The teacher had been glaring at Sapphire for about two minutes now when she had realized that she had yet again lost the young student's attention. Ashley decided that didn't seem to work so she decided to pinch her. 

Sapphire wasn't sure what knocked her out of the trance like state she was in. Was it the news that her crush was looking at her negatively, or was it the pinch that her cousin issued her. She rubbed her arm as she glared at her cousin. "Do that again and I will hex you" 

"That's no where near funny" 

"I want the two of you to stop talking immediately, otherwise see yourself out" Miss Jade's voice cut through the air. Miss Jade stood in the front of the dry erase board waiting for the two talkative students to stop talking. Arms folded across her chest. 

"Yes Ma'am" Sapphire responded immediately. 

"I don't understand why you like her, she's obviously a bitch -" Ashley whispered to Sapphire, though it was obvious the whole class could hear her. They could hear the whole conversation. 

"Martin and Lee, get your things and go to the principals office. I require a 3 page essay on today's lesson from the both of you upon your return tomorrow" 

"But you're kicking us out" Ashley argued more like yelled. She leaned forward, her finger hitting the desk. "How can we do a report on an assignment we're not here to attend?" 

"But I obeyed you" Sapphire whined. 

"Not my problem so I don't care. The assignment will to be graded for accuracy, out. Now" The teacher turned from the two signaling the conversation was over and done. 

Sapphire wanted to cry as she gathered her things and followed her cousin out the door. Ashley held the door open for her then made sure to slam the door when they were both out.  Sapphire would have laughed at the effort her cousin put in to slam a self - slow closing door if she wasn't so sad. 

"Oh come on Sapphire. Don't tell me you're about to cry" Ashley rolled her eyes, but she pulled her cousin in for a hug regardless. Though they were cousins, the same age and grew up together Ashley made sure to take care of Sapphire.

"I can't help it. You know I'm sensitive" 

"How can you be sensitive and mean at the same time?" 

"I'm not mean, I just don't like other people that's all" Sapphire shrugged. 

"Then why on earth, out of all the people in this town do you like Miss Jade. She's awful, to like everyone. Even babies" 

Sapphire pulled away as she smiled. "I don't know. She's beautiful, like a goddess"

"She's just okay" 

"Her eyes are like the ocean" 

"Gross" 

"She's so... I don't know how to explain it. She confident, and sassy and she knows what she wants and she just...you know takes it" 

"That's called being conceited, a bitch and a thief" Ashley listed off using her fingers. 

Sapphire couldn't help but laugh. "Ashley, stop it. I just love her okay, and one day we're going to get married, have some children and live happily ever after" 

"Get your head out of the clouds" Ashley stated while thumping Sapphire in the head. She didn't wait for retaliation as she walked away, Sapphire following behind her. "She's your teacher, she's like 10 years older than you and I don't think she's capable of love" 

"Ugh" Sapphire groaned. "I don't want to go to the principals office" 

"Let's just go home then" 

"I'm...okay with that"