9. number

NUMBER

NUMBER

the day before your next shift you were studying crazy for your exams

the day before your next shift you were studying crazy for your exams. you were reciting and rereading everything in order to memorize different processes and formulas, it was stressful. you almost didn't go on your phone for the whole day because of it.

when you woke up the next day you were exhausted and extremely tired. you wanted to go back to sleep but you had to get ready for your shift later in the day and also eat your breakfast. even though you just woke up you felt hungry and wanted to eat something at the least.

you walked to your kitchen and made some pancakes with syrup drizzled on top. you sat down and ate everything one by one until your plate was empty and then put it into the sink so it could be washed and cleaned later.

you then headed over to the bathroom and took a quick shower, brushed your teeth, and washed your face. after you were done using the bathroom you went back into your room and relaxed a little bit, just laying on your bed and watching what's on your phone.

as time passed, you got up from your bed and started to work on some of your homework again. you studied for your exams once again and reviewed over lots of things so you would be prepared for when your exam date was. you used some flashcards to study and took a couple breaks. you stretched and grabbed a snack for yourself from the kitchen and went back to your room to study a little more until there was about 30ish minutes left before you were supposed to be working at your shift.

you put all your flashcards and review materials back to their spots on your desk and used the bathroom before you changed into a black shirt with black pants. you also grabbed a light jacket to wear in case and walked to your kitchen. you filled up a bottle of water for yourself and ate another small snack before you put on the light jacket as well as your socks and shoes.

you double checked to make sure that you didn't forget to grab something and then finally grabbed your keys and walked out the door. you started to walk to the café again and just enjoyed the weather outside. it was sunny and there was a fresh breeze.

eventually you got to the café and walked into the place. this time you got to the café before xiao did. you went to the back and grabbed an apron off of the hook hanging on a wall and tied the strings on your back to tighten it. you then came back out to the front and just stood at the counter until other customers came in.

a few minutes later a customer walks in and tells you their order. you make them what they ordered and since xiao wasn't here yet, you just gave the order to the customer while thanking them.

you walked back to the front counter and waited for more customers to walk in. more and more people came in one at a time and you both made the orders and served them out to the customers.

unfortunately for you, xiao seemed like he was running late. both of your shifts were technically supposed to start around 15 minutes ago and yet he still hadn't arrived.

more customers started coming in while others left and you just took everyone's order and also handed them out. you weren't too sure why xiao didn't come yet but either way by now he was around 30 minutes late.

finally, he frantically walked inside and seemed almost out of breath. he immediately headed to the back and put on his apron before apologizing to the manager about arriving late. once he was done talking to the manager he came back out to the front and also apologized to you too.

"hi im sorry i'm so late, i was studying and ended up losing track of time. this won't happen again."

"oh wow i was studying before i came here too! but it's fine, you didn't cause me too much trouble." you replied. "that's good." he said.

the conversation then ended and there was just awkward silence between you two. you tried to think of anything to talk about.

"oh yeah you said that you were studying right? what subject was it?" you asked. "it was just biology and math formulas." he explained. "oh math?? are you good at it?" you questioned.

"i would say that im okay at it. not good though." he responded. "really?? do you think you could help me with it?" you asked. "i don't think i'm that good at math though but if you really need help i guess i could try.." he responded. "oh, thank you then!" you said appreciatively.

"how would i be helping you though?" he questioned. "maybe we can meet up but if you're uncomfortable with that we can just get each others numbers and when i need help i'll send you a photo of the question that im having trouble with." you suggested. "sure, i'll give you my number then." he decided.

"thank you! could you tell me your phone number now?" you asked him. "yeah it's xxx-xxx-xxxx." he responded. "okay thanks! i'll just send you a message if i need help on something, is that okay with you?" you asked again. "mhm, fine with me." he replied.

"okay, thank you again! i really appreciate it. i'll try not to message too much, i dont wanna end up bothering you." you said. "it's fine, don't worry about those things. just ask me if you're confused on something" he replied. "haha. expect a lot of messages then!" you stated. "alright," he replied.