26. fired

FIRED

FIRED

you woke up this morning in a bad mood

you woke up this morning in a bad mood. you had gotten your period yesterday and weren't able to sleep properly, you had piles of homework that had to be done, and still you had to come into work today despite being busy.

as per usual, you got up from your bed and went straight to the bathroom to quickly brush your teeth and wash your face. afterwards, you walked to your kitchen and made yourself a light breakfast, eating everything slowly.

by the time you were done eating, you had about two hours to spare before your shift. you took the time to change into some different clothes and spent the time doing your homework and trying to get as much done as possible.

everything was mostly tedious assignments that could be done fairly quickly and you got through a couple of your math worksheets using the knowledge you learned through the meet up with xiao not too long ago.

as you completed your assignments one by one, time passed and it was eventually time to start getting ready to get to the cafe. you grabbed your bag, keys, phone, and other necessities before putting on your shoes and leaving your home.

you listened to some music as you walked to the cafe and tried to find little things in your day that you appreciate in order to get yourself in a better mood. the weather was nice today and you enjoyed the slight breeze from the wind along with the sun's warmth.

as you got the to cafe you saw xiao getting out of his
car and waved at him. he waved back and locked the car as he walked towards you.

"hey, look at that. we're both here at the same time. i don't think that's ever happened before." you stated.

"yeah, that's cool." he replied.

you both entered the cafe and did your normal routines like putting your bags away and getting your uniforms on. afterwards, you started taking people's orders and making drinks for some of them as well.

xiao on the other hand served the drinks and breads. at times he took people's orders at the cash register whenever you were busy making a drink. at this point, he was used to everything and was able to do it efficiently.

after a few orders were done being served, you wiped down some counters again and stood around as you waited for the next customer to walk in and order next to xiao.

"oh yeah, thanks for the math lesson the other day. i was able to finish some of my math worksheets all by myself. it was really helpful." you thanked.

he gave you a small smile and replied, "you're welcome. good to hear that my little lesson helped. if you need help with anything else you can just text me again."

"wow, well aren't you nice?" you teased.

"i'm always nice." he stated.

you gave him a look and chuckled, "i'd say you're only nice sometimes."

"... fair," he muttered.

the two of you continued to converse until the next customer walked in and you got back to your jobs. after serving customers and getting orders, your shift had now ended and you began to clean up some spaces before the next workers came in.

as you wiped down the countertops and any other drinks that may have spilled a little, your manager called you to the back and asked to have a private conversation with you. as you walked back to where they were, you sat down and waited for them to speak.

"y/n, i know that both you and i have a bad relationship with each other and i doubt that you're happy working here. i found some new employees that fit the job better so i'm gonna let you go. i'm not changing my mind as i've been thinking about this decision for a while."

you stared at them with a blank face, you were surprised but also not at the same time as you knew that you would've been fired by them someday. you simply didn't think it would be so soon.

"... i'll still be getting my paycheck this month though, right?" you questioned.

your manager nodded their head and sighed, "you don't have to come in anymore. tell xiao that he's gonna be paired with someone else from now on."

"sure, i will. is that all?" you asked.

"it is, have a nice day." they replied.

you got up from your seat and walked back out to the front and sighed heavily knowing that you would have to find another part time job to work at immediately.

xiao noticed your reaction as you came out from the back. "what did they talk to you about?" he asked.

you looked up at him and responded, "i got fired."

he had a surprised look on his face as he heard the news from you. "what? how come?" he questioned.

"they said that some new employees came in that fit the job better and what not. anyways, you're gonna be paired with someone else during work now so be prepared for that i guess." you explained.

"oh. do you know who i'm being paired with?" he asked.

"no idea, they just told me to tell you that." you replied.

a small frown had appeared on his face after you had spoken. "so you're not coming in again after this?"

"i'm not." you stated as you sighed again, "finding another job is gonna be so hard..."

"don't worry, i'm sure you'll find a job right away. you're good at what you do anyways." he said, trying to reassure you.

"hopefully," you mumbled.

you started to gather your things again as your final shift at the cafe was over. as you got ready to leave, xiao had spoken up.

"i'm kinda sad you have to leave. having to working with someone else seems so difficult." he said.

"i think you'll adjust fine. you're a fast learner anyways." you replied.

"still, we work together well. it probably won't be like that with the new person i'm gonna work with," he explained.

"stop worrying, you'll be fine." you stated.

you continued to pack up everything with you and walked out of the cafe once you were done. xiao walked out with you and he still seemed somewhat saddened.

"i'll still be asking you for help with math." you said as you waved.

"mhm, ask for all the help you need," he greeted.