Chapter 17: The plan (2)

Artemis arrived where Makkari and Ikaris were fighting just in time to see Ikaris grab her by the throat.

"Enough," Ikaris said seething, before he threw her away and blasted her.

Artemis already had her bow drawn, shooting arrows at Ikaris, running towards him still.

"How. Dare. You." She cursed as she reached him, having distracted him with the arrows. She switched to blades as she jumped, kicking him in midair before slicing.

He stumbled backwards and regained his balance just in time to dodge her daggers. Artemis was thrown back by the force of her kick, and she landed skidding ten feet away.

Phastos was throwing weapons at him now, while Thena blocked his laser beams with her shield. Artemis ran forward again, sliding underneath Ikaris, slicing at his feet with her daggers.

He screamed in pain, aiming a laser beam at her head. She dodged it just in time, rolling away. Makkari had rejoined the fight, and was punching Ikaris at high speed.

Artemis got onto her own feet, running towards a hunched Ikaris alongside Thena. They both kicked him hard and he flew back into a boulder. Thena jumped as Artemis continued to run. Thena got to him first, and aimed a blow at him with her sword.

He dodged her and threw her away. Makkari caught her just as Artemis reached him.

"How dare you!" She shrieked again, fighting him in close combat now. "How dare you!"

He blocked her blows as she attacked him, and knocked her backwards off her feet. She landed sliding next to Makkari, who helped her up.

Phastos was now fighting Ikaris with tiny bombs, distracting him. Phastos created a shield with his inventions as Makkari, Thena and Artemis sprinted around it, each attacking Ikaris on their own.

Makkari kicked sand up, while Thena jumped and hit Ikaris with her spear. Artemis jumped too, kicking Ikaris backwards.

The last deviant arrived and joined the fight, attacking Ikaris from behind.

Artemis moved towards the others as they closed in on the deviant. Phastos shot it while Thena asked,
"Why are you helping Ikaris?"

"We can't let it absorb our powers," Phastos said.

"Too late," the deviant said, goading Thena.

"Thena, he's trying to goad you, dont-..." Phastos was saying just as Makkari sped forward, running circles around the deviant.

Artemis took an uneasy step back towards Phastos as Thena headed for the deviant too.

The deviant broke free from Makkari's vortex and the added blast knocked them all backwards. Artemis saw it heading for Makkari and jumped back onto het feet in an instant.

Phastos had seen it grab Makkari as well, and blasted it away from her, towards a cave. Thena followed it inside as Ikaris began moving towards Artemis and Phastos again.

"You son of a deviant," Artemis spat at him, drawing her bow, aiming at him.

"Where's Sersei?" He asked, ignoring her.

"You always did underestimate her," Phastos told him.

Ikaris shot off into the sky. Artemis followed him and released her arrow, hitting him in the back just as Phastos pulled him down with another of his inventions. Ikaris fell back, crashing onto the beach.

"Oh no," Phastos said as he did this. "Not so fast, boss."

The inventions pulled Ikaris down, keeping him from using his powers and staying him on the beach.
Artemis ran forward, punching him hard on the jaw.