Chapter 19: 2 Weeks later

South Dakota

They have been living in Ajak's home since they stopped Tiamut emerging. Its been on the news for days now.

Artemis looked over at Druig, who was sitting behind her on the couch, eating pizza as the voice on the tv droned on about the sudden appearance of the giant head and fingers in the Atlantic ocean.

Artemis sighed leaning back against his legs. She found sitting on the floor much comfier than sitting squashed on the couch.

"They're so clueless," she said fondly. "Bless them."

Phastos's husband was watching the news in awe. Even though he already heard it from Phastos and seen in on the news multiple times.

"You guys did that?" He asked, looking over at Phastos, who was sat next to Makkari on the couch.

"I love you so much," Phastos nodded, as though this settled the matter.

Thena was examining a toaster in the kitchen. Phastos's son, Jack an adorable little man was looking curiously at her.

"Are you okay?" He asked her. She looked over at him.

"I get confused sometimes," she told him.

"Yeah," Artemis heard him say to her. "Me too."

"Your son is the perfect little gentleman," Artemis said looking back at Phastos, who smiled.

Just then, he jumped up, nearly dropping his pizza on Makkari as he went. Apparently Thena had taken down an orange for Jack with her spear.

Artemis giggled as she heard him tell Thena that her babysitting privileges were completely revoked.

"Violence is never the answer," Phastos told Jack. "Right T? You gotta always use your brain."

"Like you did, fighting on the beach?" Thena countered and Artemis chocked on her slice of pizza.

Druig leaned forward, patting het back.

"Thanks," she said, her voice all but gone and tears streaming comically down her face. Druig grinned at her, standing up and helping her to her feet as well.

"When are you guys leaving?" Phastos asked them frowning. "That's happening soon, right?"

Artemis entered the kitchen after Druig, just as he pretended to throw something at Phastos.

"Don't go anywhere near him," Artemis heard Phastos tell his son. She frowned. "You can go near her."

Later that day, they all headed out towards the Domo. Phastos had fixed it for them.

Artemis chuckled when Phastos point blank refused to let his son go to space unless he had a driver's license. Druig took her hand, pulling her up to Phastos and Jack.

"Hey Phastos," Druig said. "Take care, this world is lucky to have you."

"Yeah," Artemis smiled giving both Phastos and his son a hug. Phastos turned back to Druig.

"Thank you, I know your not a hugger, so..." Phastos said, extending a hand for Druig to shake. Druig took it, but pulled Phastos into an unexpected hug.

Artemis smiled, looking over at Makkari who approached them.

"Do you think," Druig began, pulling Artemis away from the others. "That when we find the other eternals, that they would accept the truth the way we did?"

Artemis smiled sadly at him.

"If we don't, what good will any of this have been for? The truth sets you free, right?"

Druig nodded, then pulling Artemis with him, moved towards the Domo.

"Oh I don't believe it," Artemis huffed. Thena and Druig looked at her.

"What?"

"I left my leftover pizza with Phastos!"

Laughing, the others watched as Druig pulled her into his embrace. He kissed her sweetly.

"I'm just sad that we never got to be married."

***

Weeks later, as they traveled through deep space, they became worried.

"It's been weeks," Makkari signed worriedly. "We haven't heard from any of them. Its like they've disappeared."

Artemis was sitting beside Druig, eating as they watched the model of the Earth float with no sign of the others.

She didn't want to say it, but she too worried about them. It was very unlike Sersei and Phastos to want to check in.

"Arishem," Thena said from the other side of the room. "We have to go back."

Just then two people had appeared, one a strange goblin like creature who called himself Pip, and the other an eternal calling himself Eros.

Artemis exchanged a curious glance with Druig.

"He's Thanos' brother?" Artemis questioned, seeing Makkari sign the same thing.

"What a pleasure to make your acquaintance," he said. "You are as beautiful as legends say, Thena and you, Artemis."

Druig stood up, blocking Artemis from view.

"What do you want lads?" He asked.

"Pip and I are here to help, aren't we," Eros said holding out a familiar looking sphere. "Your friends are in big trouble, and I know where to find them."

**Until the Eternals return**
The end