Chapter 1- Greatest Nightmare

"Are you ready for tomorrow mijn kleine prins?" Iris's mother asks happily while his head rested on her thighs, and her arms were busy caressing his ears because it was her mother's favorite thing to do to get him to sleep.

"Yes mama. I'm so excited for tomorrow. It will be the most memorable birthday for me."

Tomorrow is his 7th Birthday. Iris was so excited for that because his mother promised that they will celebrate his birthday like ordinary people. They will be camping, star gazing, and making smores in the middle of the forest at night.

The only sad thing is that they will not be able to take his father with them because the king sent him again in a foreign land to talk to the leaders of different countries. Iris doesn't know when he will return but his father promised that he will do whatever his wishes are when he comes back so he agreed to what he said.

Ever since he was born, his birthday was celebrated every year in the palace where many rich and powerful families are invited, but thankfully tomorrow it will be different.

At an early age, he had already experienced the luxurious life of being a prince. Isang buhay na puno ng karangyaan ngunit limitado lang ang kalayaan pati na rin ang kaligayahan. Iyan ang malungkot na reyalidad sa mundong kanyang ginagalawan.

Mahigpit ang hari pagdating sa kanilang pamilya dahil ang ama niya na ang tagapagmana sa trono simula ng mamatay ang nakakatandang kapatid nito ilang taon na ang nakakaraan, habang siya naman ang tagapagmana ng kanyang ama.

Naging mailap siya sa ibang tao at piniling niyang hindi makipagkaibigan at makipaglaro dahil sabi ng kaniyang lolo hindi daw ito makakabuti sa kaniya sapagkat maraming gustong umagaw sa trono at pabagsakin ang buong royal family upang mapalitan ang reigning house ng Netherland.

Mahirap man gawin ay sinunod na lamang niya ito para hindi na siya maparusahan pa. Gayunpaman, masaya pa din siya dahil mayroon naman siyang maalaga at mapagmahal na ina, at kahit madalas hindi nila kasama ang kaniyang ama ay alam naman niyang mahal sila nito.

"Mama?" Tawag niya sa kaniyang ina.

"Hmm?"

"I have a question." He said.

"What?"

"Why did you sometimes make me wear girl's outfit?" He asked curiously when he remembers what his royal teacher told him earlier. "My royal teacher told me that a boy should only wear clothes for boys."

He was only one year old when he started speaking clearly , and at the age of three he began to be educated in many things about society and being a royalty, he was also taught different languages. He learned them quickly that's why he was labeled by his teachers as a genius kid. He was also trained in different martial arts which he was also good at. In short he was perfect in everything he does.

"I'm just happy to see you in those clothes, you look so cute with those." His mother said smililing and looking very happy. He smiled too, if that would make her happy, he would gladly do that forever.

"But if you don't like it just tell me, I don't want to force you again in something that you don't like."

"It's okay mama as long as you're happy." He said that made her smile again.

"What if I want to be someone? What if I want to be a girl? Will you be happy about that?" It was just simple questions but his mother didn't seem to like it.

"Don't tell it to anyone okay? Espescially your father." She said seriously and he just nodded.

"If we were only ordinary people, I would support you in whatever you want when you grow up, but you are your father's heir, and as the next king you should be perfect in everyone's eyes." She said while his eyes are slowly closing, a sign that he's sleepy. "Do you understand that?" He nooded again with a cute yawn before completely swallowed by drowsiness.