Chapter 15: Battle for Inazuma

Slash after slash, deflect after deflect, Shogunate samurai against Watatsumi warriors. A battle is being fought between the two warring factions right at the heart of the Shogunate, in Narukami Island. The soldiers fall one by one, crumbling away at each other's strengths.

(Katsuo) and Chiyo are in the middle of it all. Together, they easily cut down the opposing forces and they would have continued on, but they are running out of able bodied men. Soon, the Watatsumi Army will be able to push their troops back and will be inside the city.

Chiyo struck at several Watatsumi soldiers with grace and speed. She is fighting with (Katsuo) and the Shogunate troops, but this is only temporary. For now, she will play the part of a Shogunate ally but soon, she will have to tell (Katsuo) everything. Their plan, however dangerous it is, is coming to fruition. It saddens her that more people must fall for peace, but she knows this too well... and she will see it ended.

"There's too many of them. We have to fall back to the higher levels of the city." (Katsuo) said after observing the situation.

In a turn of events, the Watatsumi Army which has always been the outnumbered faction suddenly has more soldiers in a battlefield now than they do. While the small force of defenders left to garrison the city has some of the best soldiers of the Shogun's Army, they couldn't afford to lose men as every single one lost means a lot more than to their numerically superior enemy.

"Lord (Katsuo)! All the civilians in the city have been evacuated!" A samurai coming over to them told their de facto commander.

"(Katsuo)!" Chiyo called out to him, taking advantage of the chaos as well as the information that he is given. (Katsuo) nodded.

"Soldiers! Fall back to Tenryou!" (Katsuo) ordered to the yoriki with them.

"All units, fall back! Fall back to the city!" The yoriki shouted to their men, relaying his order.

"Chiyo, go with them and coordinate their formations in Tenryou! I'll stay here for a while to buy you all time!" (Katsuo) told Chiyo. The oni maiden nodded before she went back to the city with their retreating soldiers.

True to his words, (Katsuo) stayed behind and continued to cut down more Watatsumi soldiers. Fear struck their hearts as the Mist-Blade Sentinel, one of the few people who could turn everything upside down so easily, is upon them. (Katsuo) took advantage of their fear and moved in to cut down even more of them, briefly turning into his smoke form to strike, dash, or evade attacks.

He dashed towards another Watatsumi samurai and sent an upward cut with Kazemoya, crackling with electricity as it did so. He turned to smoke again before quickly materializing to grab another soldier by the head, dragging him through the ground before throwing the hapless lad towards his comrades, knocking more of them down in the process.

(Katsuo) took a quick glance behind him to see that the Shogunate soldiers along with Chiyo have already escaped back into the city. Seeing that he has done enough to stall the besieging force, he turned to smoke once more and retreated back into the city. The entrance now belongs to the Sangonomiya rebels, but the narrow streets that provide ample choke points will be their next challenge.

Jutsurai, Kazuha, Rikku, and Enkō along with Gorou joined their allies besieging the city. Upon arriving, they noticed that the assault has been stalled with many of their men wounded. Upon inquiring to some of the officers about what happened, they all naturally have concerned expressions.

"It's Master (Katsuo). He's our enemy today." Rikku said in a low tone, but audible enough for everyone to hear.

"You said that Lady Chiyo will try to convince him, right?" Jutsurai asked and Rikku nodded.