Chapter 16: Preparing a New Age

"As promised, the Raiden Shogun abolished the Vision Hunt Decree. Finally, her people's wishes penetrated her locked heart. Finally, her people's wishes penetrated her locked heart."

That one morning, there in the palace, the Raiden Shogun, as per Ei's instruction, gave out the long awaited order to abolish the Vision Hunt Decree to the Tri-Commission as well as to return the Visions to their rightful owners. With a wave of her hand, the Okuzumeshuu messenger immediately set out with the order. Chiyo and (Katsuo) are there, overseeing the momentous chapter in their beloved nation. The couple look at each other with smiles on their faces, knowing that they have succeeded.

The Raiden Shogun looked at them and her expressions became more... expressive. This is Ei now and she is eager to meet a long lost friend. Chiyo approached Ei and they embrace each other tightly, having not seen each other for five centuries. (Katsuo) couldn't help but smile at the sight of long time friends reuniting and knowing that contributed to make it possible.

"Beyond the Plane of Euthymia, she saw what eternity means in the eyes of the world."

Inazuma City is already back to normal after a while since the decisive act of its people to change their nation for the better. It is as if there was no battle that occured here in the first place; all of the stalls are unharmed, the people are out in the streets, feeling their newfound freedom now that news that the Vision Hunt Decree is going to be abolished today spread like wildfire. Truly, Inazuma is now a nation shaped by humans.

The disciples of the Mist-Blade Sentinel are there in the streets of Tenryou, enjoying the new things that the city has to offer as celebration to the abolishment of the damaging decree. Rikku, Ujio, Enkō, and even Omura is there, walking side by side and seemingly having put aside the past events that led up to this moment. After all, they are a few of a kind. The unity that was created between them is unbreakable even by the gods.

Jutsurai is with them as well, but having abandoned them in favor of the opposing faction in the civil war for a long time, he feels that he does not belong with them anymore. It was he who has forsaken them and he feels responsible for it — one of them doesn't think so.

Ujio noticed Jutsurai trailing behind. His vigour and spirits have been restored since his Vision was returned to him in courtesy by Omura. He called to the former top disciple of the Mist-Blade and gestured for him to join them. Hesitant, Jutsurai looked at his former fellow students and saw their approving, smiling faces. It seems that even though there is a rift between them, the chains of bonds remain strong deep within them.

Jutsurai gave them a nod and eagerly joined them in enjoying the refreshed city, cracking jokes and buying food until they had their fills.

"When one's fervent ambition burns brightly, the gods will cast their gaze upon you."

Yae Miko, the mastermind of setting Inazuma to the path of progress and transformation once more, strolls around the Grand Narukami Shrine. She had heard of the news that the Raiden Shogun has finally listened to the cries their people and has given the order to abolish it. It is indeed a time for celebration. She looks up to the sky where once the gaze of gods came from.

To say that she is alone in planning the entire scheme, however, is certainly incorrect. There was someone else who helped.

A woman with white hair and kitsune ears stood by the entrance of the main building. She is wearing a what seems to be a newly crafted miko priestess outfit albeit a more refined and perhaps timely design. She is smoking through a pipe and an aura of dignity emanated from her. She, too, looks up to the sky, reminiscing of the old times.

Miko looks at the kitsune woman who in turn acknowledged with a gaze. The Guuji gave her a nod and the woman returned it, knowing that they succeeded and hinting that the woman in white is the consort who assisted in planning Inazuma's return to progress and Ei's self-actualization.