Chapter 18: Old Phantoms

- Inazuma City, a day later... -

In light of the storm suddenly coming closer to the nation, the Tri-Commission is plunged into a sea of burden once more. Not only must they deal with the internal issues plaguing the chain of command, but they must now deal with the problem that could potentially wipe out all of life in Inazuma. Chiyo and (Katsuo) along with several researchers and geologists surveyed locations in Narukami Island for a suitable underground dwelling should it happen, though the problem seem to be impassable. They are already considering going to Ei to inform her of the problem and, in that regard, they are relying on the Traveller to talk to her about it.

With an almost fruitless mission, the couple took it upon themselves hired more volunteers to work on the geological survey of the island. Once satisfied with the amount of people they have hired, Chiyo and (Katsuo) made their way back to the city to visit the Raiden Shogun, hoping to see if they could talk to Ei now or if they are fortunate, she would already be out and about.

The two are walking down the streets of Tenryou. The citizens are out and about as usual, doing their business as if there was no war before today. Thinking about it, it's probably for the better if they put that terrible past behind.

"You think she'd be convinced to come out of Tenshukaku?" Chiyo asks (Katsuo), referring to what Aether and Paimon have planned to do. The enenra shrugs.

"Your guess is as good as mine. She is just stubborn sometimes." (Katsuo) would say as they greet some of the citizens who gave them their regards. "But regardless, she sees us as the only things she have left from our time. The best we can do is be there for her." He states and Chiyo nods in agreement.

"I agree. I hope Saiguu can come back to us soon." Chiyo murmurs. "Five hundred years... I can't imagine. And, you had to sacrifice much of your powers to save her, too." She adds. (Katsuo) shakes his head.

"I didn't care. I just can't lose any of you anymore. I was not about to let what happened to Sasayuri happen again." (Katsuo) states. Though she didn't look at him, Chiyo grew a smile.

"I never did understand your relationship with him. What was it like?" Chiyo asks him and (Katsuo) went into thinking for a moment.

"Well... I suppose we had a friendly rivalry of sorts. He was both a great warrior and tactician and I couldn't compare myself to him." (Katsuo) muses. "The only thing I had going for myself when I fought against him was my power. Even though he was fast, my form was faster. Ah, the good days, those were." He smiles at the nostalgic memory.

"Oh, I remember now. I think Saiguu told me stories regarding your bouts together every now and then." Chiyo says.

"Hah, yes. The skills I have now are credited to him. He taught me things that I otherwise would never have if I didn't take the chance." (Katsuo) replies and Chiyo hums.

Before they could continue their conversation, a commotion ahead of them caught their attention. They look and to their utter surprise, they see the Raiden Shogun walking down the street with Aether beside her. The citizens, who have been worried that she might have been sick, were just as surprised as the couple are.

"He... He did it!" Chiyo exclaims, careful not to raise her voice.

(Katsuo) nods. "Yes... He did." He muses.

"This is why we call our Shogun "Almighty." She just exudes majesty. It's palpable even from over here." A certain Furuya Noboru comments. "I knew she couldn't be ill. Not our wise and powerful Shogun, no way." He adds. (Katsuo) glances at him but doesn't say anything.

"Ah- They are going for that stall." Chiyo says. True to her words, they see the two approaching the stall owned by a young man known as Tomoki. "Ooh, she should try the Dango Milk." She says. (Katsuo) caught the name of the peculiar name of the consumable and looks at her, confused.