stained blood.

All the wolves howl after accepting Addison as one of their own. She was honestly surprised hearing them howl for her. She thought it would be hard to earn Willa's trust, the alpha of the pack. Possibly her new pack in the future. Addison shares a smile with the leader, only for it to be broken by Zed rushing in.
"I will not hesitate to take this off!" He threatens the wolves, standing in front of Addison as an act of protection.
"Wolves!" Willa commands as her eyes glow golden and necklace lights blue. The whole pack growl at Zed, claws ready to scratch and tear. He freaks out, acting on his previous threat and rips off his Z band. He could feel himself changing, his vains becoming more apparent, purple and bruised. It was as if electricity was running through them. Most of the wolves were terrified now and looked over at their alpha, however Wynter wasn't like all the other wolves. She was fearless, courageous and over the top. This was a situation where she should've backed away like the others. However, Wynter being Wynter, she wasn't scared. She shows off her fangs, eyes glowing, staring intensely at Zed. Before a growl could protrude from her throat, the out of control zombie grasps at Wynter's clothes, tugging her towards him then throws the she wolf in the other direction. All of Zed's zombie strength was put into this, although it wasn't really him. He couldn't control it.
"Zed-" Addison gets cut off by the sound of Wynter's skull smashing against the caves wall.
Everyone was silent, staring at the pool of blood exiting Wynter's head, staining the stone floor.
Willa's eyes dilate as she races down the wolf made stairs towards her friend, crouching down next to her.
"Wynter?" The Alpha's hand hovers over Wynter's body, clearly shaking.
Addison looks over at Zed, who although is still in his uncontrollable state, stands still. Their eyes meet, Addison's cold. She races over to Willa as Eliza slowly picks up Zed's Z band, unsure if he'd lash out at her. She latches it back onto his wrist, the purple, bruised vains dissipate on the boys skin, a wave of guilt and regret now crushing him.
Wyatt snaps out of the shock, following Addison to his sister.
"W-Wynter?" Willa stutters, she's never lost her composure, then again, she's never lost someone close to her before. Wynter was her best friend, IS her best friend. She can't be dead, right?
Willa places a hand on Wynter's back, expecting to feel some sort of movement out of the she wolf.
Wyatt grabs Willa's hand, holding it firmly, "Sis.." His voice was soft, sad. He knew Wynter had passed. That no air would ever enter her lungs again.
Willa sniffles, realising Wynter's fate was permanent. She hides her face, resting her forehead on Wyatt's shoulder. Faint howls are heard, the pack mourning the loss of their beloved pack mate. Willa doesn't join in, she's trying to contain her sensitive emotions but it's all too much.
How did it turn out like this? All her brother wanted to do was see if Addison was the Great Alpha of her pack. They weren't going to harm her, but Zed didn't know that. He seems to be overprotective towards Addison, just like Willa is with Wyatt. However, Zed killed a wolf in the process, which none would've expected.
Salty tears slid down Willa's cheeks, soaking into Wyatt's clothes. He didn't mind, he too was on the verge of tears but decided to stay strong for his sister.
Addison was sitting beside them, avoiding looking at Wynter, instead staring at the blood beneath her knees. Zed, she couldn't believe it. That he would murder someone. Yes, it was an accident, but he should know that he's never able to control himself when he fully zombies out. Addison looks back in Zed's direction, only to see her boyfriend running out with Eliza on his tail.

"ZED!" His zombie friend chases after him, not wanting Wynter's killer out of her sight. Zed ignores her, walking deeper into the forbidden forest.
"This isn't the way back to Zombie Town." Eliza comments, her hair swaying as she catches up to Zed.
"I'm not going back."
A soft hand grips at his wrist, making him halt, "Are you afraid?"
Zed sighs, "Yeah." He faces Eliza, "and now thanks to me, Wynter is dead and the anti-monster laws will be ten times worse."
His eyes water but he wipes them away quickly.
"It was an accident, we'll explain that to the Zombie Patrol and-" Eliza was eager to help her friend.
"Stop." Zed puts up his hand, "Do you really think they'd listen to a zombie?"
Eliza could see that his face was full of defeat. Everything they've worked so hard to achieve seemed to be all for nothing.
"It'll be okay." Eliza whispers, more to reassure herself that the zombie equality movement won't be affected by a stupid mistake.
Zed takes her hand, squeezing it.
"Goodbye.." His voice trails off as he spins around leaving his friend in the dark of night.
Eliza just watches til Zed was only a dark silhouette. She herself walks in the other direction and back into the cave that now smelt of Death.

Addison meets Wyatts eyes, who was clinging onto Willa, holding her tight. Her mouth felt dry, like she couldn't speak.
"What do we do now..?"
Wyatt shrugs, looking down at his sister. Willa raises her head, "We have to bury her."
The Alpha's face was unreadable, but Addison could see the pain in her eyes.
"Wolves, dig." Willa orders and watches the older pack mates hesitantly leave the cave. Wyatt takes her forearm, leading his sister over to a rock and sits down. Addison leaves Wynter's corpse, following them. She wraps her arm around Willa, who rests her head on the white hairs shoulder.
"I'm sorry.." It was hard to figure out what to say during a situation like this.
"It's your boyfriend who should be apologising." Willa replies coldly. Now she felt rage, hatred. She knew to never trust humans nor anyone else but her pack, yet Wyatt was so sure that Addison was the Great Alpha. She might be, she mightn't be. Honestly Willa couldn't care less. Her mindset will still be focused on her pack, finding the moonstone. The loss of her best friend was a tragic accident but it made the Alpha more determined to find the moonstone. For her pack. For Wynter.
Addison doesn't reply.
"He'll be dealt with." It was instead Wyatt.
"Better be." Willa stands, one of her pack mates signalling that they were finished. She glances over at Wynter's body, "Wyatt, could you please.." Her tone changes, even if she was strong enough she'd never pick up the dead corpse of her friend.
Wyatt nods, slowly walking over to Wynter's lifeless body. It didn't take much energy to pick her up bridal style. He gazes at her, studying the she wolf's face. Her pale skin, the blank expression, unlike her overly happy self everyone was used to. Wyatt makes his way over to Willa and Addison, following one of their pack mates, leading them to Wynter's burial site. The trio stands in front of the deep hole, Wyatt crouching down and carefully placing Wynter in. Bree and Bonzo join them, having not saying a word during this traumatic situation. Eliza sits off to the side, still thinking about Zed. None of them have experienced death before. They were too young, Wynter was too young but she couldn't shake the feeling that her best friend was a murderer. Whether accidental or not.
Willa takes hold of Wyatt's hand, "You were a great addition to our pack. Thank you for all the hard work you put in, for your determination and most of all thank you for putting a smile on everyone's faces no matter the situation. We'll miss you, Wynter." She begins to howl as do the rest of her pack.
Addison doesn't know if she should too. She's not a wolf, or at least that she knew of, but she also didn't know if it was disrespectful for a human to howl. So she just stands there in silence, closing her eyes.
"It's okay to howl. You're one of us." Wyatt gives a soft smile, lighting up the dark of night.
Addison gives a little one in return, "How do we know?"
"We have a necklace. The Great Alpha's-"
Willa looks crossly over at Wyatt, who zips his mouth. This wasn't the time to talk about the Great Alpha. She was the Alpha of the pack. In her mind she is the Great Alpha. No matter what the prophecy says.
"You need to leave-" Willa stands in front of Addison, intimidating the girl.
Before Addison could reply, the ground shakes abruptly. Wolves grip onto each other, some whine and scream. Wyatt holds onto Addison to keep his balance, whilst Willa just stands in place. As soon as it started, it quickly ended.
"What was that?" Addison scans around, looking concerned.
"It must be the Seabrook Powerplant." Eliza stands up, rushing back to the cave entrance so she could get a better view of the town. Addison and the rest follow her.
"That doesn't concern us." Willa says coldly.
Addison's eyebrows furrow, staring intensely at the Powerplant.
"But it does concern you, Willa." Addison starts, gaining everyone's attention, "The Seabrook Powerplant is said to be running by a mystery power source."
Wyatt's face lights up, "That must be our moonstone!"
Now they're able to avenge Wynter, somewhat. Getting back the moonstone was always the plan, but Wynter's passing has driven Willa's ambition to the max. All of the pack looks at their Alpha, unsure what to do next.
"Eliza."
The zombie girl is surprised to hear her name come out of the she wolf's mouth, "That's me."
"Do you have blueprints of the Power Plant? Inside and out?" Willa asks, casually crossing her arms, making her look more intimidating than she already was, "You're all into zombie heritage, right? Shouldn't be that hard to access one."
Eliza hesitates but then whips out her laptop, never leaving the house without it. The bright screen bounces off Eliza and Willa's skin as it activates. The Alpha looms over her, breath warm, eyes squinting at the blinding light.
"Your eyes will adjust." Eliza comments, giving an awkward smile.
A few rushed keyboard taps later, an image of the Seabrook Powerplant layout appears on screen. The pack look at it in confusion, not knowing what to make of it.
"I can print it out for you." Eliza looks away from Willa, "If you want."
"That'll be helpful." She replies, not thinking to thank her, "See you all tomorrow then." Willa abandons the ones outside and heads back into the den.
Addison and Wyatt share eye contact.
"We thank you." The male gives Addison a longing hug before jogging back into the cave to join his sister.