Part Four

TWs:
Notes: Written along side @mirabel_madrigal_

Isabela and Camilo arrived to the base of the mountains.

Camilo swallowed, shifting again. "Okay. W-we'll be okay."

"All right, Camilo, let's split up and search. We'll cover more ground that way." Isabela said.

"Split up?"

"Sí." Isabela said, not quite picking up on the fact that Camilo didn't want to split up. To be fair, she was too worried about her sister to think of anything else at the moment.

Camilo slowly nodded. "R-right. But uhm..."

Isabela was listening to Camilo, but she was also looking around to see if she could spot her little sister anywhere.

"What if one of us gets hurt?"

Isabela paused. "Camilo, that's not going to happen. We're fine."

"R-right."

Isabela sighed. "Look, if you don't want to split up, we don't have to split up." She placed a hand on her cousin's shoulder.

"I-I don't like being alone."

"Okay." Isabela nodded. "Then we won't split up."

"Thank you."

"Anytime, primo." Isabela smiled. "Come on. Let's go this way." She started walking along the mountains, looking for Mirabel.

He nodded and followed. "Mirabel?!"

They were both calling their missing family member's name, but never got a response.

"She must not be around here either." Isabela concluded.

"She would be more up..."

"I doubt she climbed the mountain." Isabela said.

He blinked then slowly nodded. "Right... right..."

"Come on. Let's head back towards town." Isabela said.

She knew it had to be pretty late. It had been about an hour since they told the adults Mirabel was missing and it had already been dark when they told them. Camilo nodded and quietly followed her.