Part Ten

TWs:
Notes: Written along side mirabel_madrigal_

Félix and Dolores walked around, calling Mirabel's name, looking for any sign of their missing relative. Dolores sighed heavily and looked at the ground.

"We'll find her. I just know it."

"What if she's hurt?" Dolores questioned. She was worried about her cousin.

"Then we'll get her some help."

"W-what if it's really bad and we're too late?" Dolores said, her mind racing at the thought of her cousin possibly being hurt.

"Mija. We'll find her and give her help if she needs it."

"But what if she's-"

"Dolores. Don't think like that."

"It's hard not too!" Dolores paused. "I'm just... worried about her."

"I know, but we'll find her and she'll be okay." Félix and Pepa had said the same thing when they were looking for Camilo as well as Mirabel.

Dolores nodded and took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. "You're right, Papá. I'm sure she's okay. Mirabel strong, independent, and resourceful. I'm sure she can handle herself."

"She is. I know she wouldn't leave without bringing some of Tía Julieta's food with her."

Dolores nodded, taking another deep breath, "sí, sí."

"She's also smart."

"Sí. She can probably handle herself until we find her." Dolores noted.

"And we will find her."

"I hope so..." Dolores said, still worried about her cousin.

Félix gently kissed her forehead. "It'll be okay."

"Gracias, Papá. I needed that." Dolores smiled softly at her father.

He nodded and smiled back. "Of course, mija."

Dolores kept walking, occasionally calling out Mirabel's name. Félix did the same, trying not to let his own worry and doubts show.

Both of them hoped Mirabel was okay. They didn't want her to be hurt.

Little did they know, she didn't even know who she was anymore. She was freaking out internally as she tried to piece things together.

She didn't know who she was, where she was, how she got there, why she's alone, where her family was, if she even had a family, she didn't know anything. She hoped that her family, if she had one, wasn't too worried about her.

There had to be some reason she was out there alone. A good reason why she was alone and not with anyone.

If she did have a family, what happened to them? She was starting to think that maybe her family abandoned her, but she didn't know.

She hoped that everything was okay.

She continued walking. She walked in the same direction for awhile before she heard voices calling out.

"Mirabel?!"

She looked back at the bag she was wearing, noting the word stitched on there yet again and repeated it to herself quietly, "Mirabel..."

"Mirabel?!" A different voice called out.

She looked up from the bag and looked around her. She wasn't sure who Mirabel was, but she felt like these people looking for Mirabel could help her as well, not knowing that her and Mirabel are the same person.

"Hello?" She called out cautiously. "Who's there?!"

"Mirabel? It's Tío Félix and prima Dolores."

She didn't recognize any of those names. She walked in the direction she heard the voices from. She walked through some bushes to see two people standing in a clearing. She made eye contact with each of them. She was clearly terrified, having no idea who these people were.

The man walked up to her. "See?"

Mirabel took a tiny step back. "Uhhh, do I know you?" She asked nervously.

Dolores then noticed the dried blood on the side of Mirabel's forehead.

Félix frowned. "I'm Tío Félix."

"Sorry..." Mirabel started. "The name doesn't ring any bells..."

Dolores approached Mirabel cautiously. "What's your name?"

Mirabel paused. "That, I also do not know." She rubbed the side of her forehead where she the dried blood was.

Félix spotted the blood. "What's the first thing you can remember?"

"Uhm." Mirabel thought hard for a moment. "I don't... know..."

Félix slowly nodded. "Let's get you home, your mamá will be able to help."

Mirabel wasn't sure if she should trust the two. Neither of them felt familiar.

Dolores sensed that Mirabel didn't know if she could trust them. "You can trust us. I know you don't remember us or anything, but we're your family." She gave an assuring smile to her cousin.

Mirabel suddenly felt like she could trust them. She gave a small smile back at Dolores. "Okay..."

"Let's get back to Camilo and Pepa."