seven

He has been texting Haechan for a while; it started off with Haechan giving him another number, apparently, he'll be changing his phone. Renjun doesn't know why he had to change his number as well if he was only going to buy a new phone but it's not really any of his business.

The chat continued with him asking if he was sure that he would show up and Haechan reassuring him that he would and that he didn't really have a choice because he worked at the said coffee shop where they had agreed to meet up once again.

That was early morning around eight a.m.

Renjun remembers to show up at exactly nine o'clock, the evening. There he was again in the coffee shop, with his laptop and Chinese worksheets ready. He approaches the counter and sees Jisung, who looks at him with a grin, "Renjun-hyung! You're back again?"

"Yep," He replies with a small smile, "I still have to continue tutoring Haechan, even if he was a bit of a jerk at first but maybe that was just a bad first impression."

"Haechan?" Jisung asks confusingly.

"Yeah, he's your coworker right? Small world." He shrugs a bit, "By the way, I'll have the green tea ade. Thank you." He closes his eyes for a bit and stretches his arms, having woken up from a good nap before he headed to the coffee shop. He takes a quick glance towards Jisung after he was met with silence.

Jisung just standing there frozen, "Earth to Jisung?"

He seems to snap out of his thoughts before giving Renjun a sheepish look, "Um.. hyung actually--"

"If you're going to lecture me again about how having coffee late at night is better than tea, I'm literally disowning you. Coffee just wears me down, we've had this conversation before." Renjun says playfully while also being quite serious about his distaste for coffee.

"Ah no, it's not about that..."

"Where is he anyway?"

"Actually..." Jisung trails off a little, "He didn't show up to work today."

What.

The shock must be visible on his face because Jisung quickly goes to explain himself, "He said something happened during the afternoon so he couldn't come to work."

"Oh." Renjun would be lying if he said he wasn't a little hurt by the news that Haechan hadn't shown up to work. There he went again, making decisions by himself without informing Renjun. Tutoring is supposed to be a two-way street, he should've at least told him that he wasn't showing up. He just wasted his time going all the way here for nothing.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Jisung asks, seeing how Renjun had turned quiet.

"Oh? Yeah,  I'm fine." He gives him a reassuring smile, "So, when will he come back?" Seeing how nobody was really in the cafe anymore, he decided to grab a seat on one of the sofas and wait for his tea to finish.

A few minutes later, Jisung heads over to him and hands him his drink. "Probably tomorrow," He shrugs. "I don't think he used his leave so he has to return tomorrow."

Renjun hums in response, drinking his tea while his mind processes everything that has happened. So here he was again, coffee shop, with his tea, and no Haechan on sight. Hopefully, he still gets paid the full amount even if they had already missed two meetings.

The sound of bells ringing signals someone has entered the cafe. They both turn their attention to the source of the sound, "Welcome!" Jisung says as he hurries back to the work counter. The stranger smiles and--

Wow. He looks like he was built by the Gods themselves.

The person had absolutely amazing features. His dark hair fell beautifully just above his chin, almost covering their ears as well. And those pretty eyes. He was definitely beautiful and Renjun was probably staring.

The stranger locks eyes with Renjun and he can already feel his ears turning warm while he hurriedly looks away, trying to look busy by opening his backpack and grabbing his laptop. He hears the stranger laugh behind him and he's glad his back was facing the stranger or else he would've definitely seen how the warmth in his ears has traveled to his cheeks.

He hears the stranger placing his order and taking a seat on a sofa beside Renjun. He freezes for a moment before continuing editing his pictures. He could see the stranger looking at him at his peripheral vision and out of curiosity, he glances at the stranger. He had a small smile on, eyes upturned like little crescent moons.

He is going to combust if he keeps looking at him like that.

He quickly averts his gaze, focusing on his computer instead. It was silent for about five minutes before he felt the presence of another person beside him. He feels the couch dip beside him, probably the stranger moving closer, and he can hear the stranger say, "I didn't mean to intrude," He turns his head slightly and he saw the stranger's lips forming into an apologetic smile, "Sorry, it seemed like you were working."

"It's alright, you didn't disturb anything," Renjun says, finally looking at the stranger properly and giving him another shy smile. The stranger smiled, his smile was breathtaking and Renjun was almost breathless. "What do you do for work?"

Renjun clears his throat, "Well... I'm a photography major so I take a lot of pictures" He replies, glancing at the stranger who seems to be really interested in the pictures on his laptop. The stranger nodded before he asked a question, "Do you take pictures about anything?"

"Usually I take pictures where people are the focus, but sometimes if I have time I would take pictures of pretty sceneries." He gestures the stranger to come near him. The stranger scoots closer and Renjun points at the picture he had been editing since earlier, "This is my friend, Yangyang. He loves posing for my pictures but I have been using him for my projects too much. My professor told me I needed something new..." Renjun trails off while the stranger nods in acknowledgment.

"This is a great shot!" Renjun unintentionally ignores him as the cogs inside his brain start to click together and he feels the adrenaline start pumping in his veins. Why didn't he think about that the first time he saw the stranger? He was too caught up with his visuals that he completely forgot what was important.

He could be the model he has been looking for.

"Hello?" The stranger asks and he immediately snaps out of his trance. "Sorry, I got lost in thought... but yeah I agree. This one's super good, especially for the theme of the photoshoot. Thank you..."

"Jeno. Lee Jeno." Jeno gives him a smile again, he's definitely meant to be in front of the cameras.

"Huang Renjun." He smiles as Jeno extends his hands to offer him a handshake. How can he bring up the question without it being too out of blue? "Um.." Renjun starts, "Have you tried modeling?" Jeno tilts his head to the side at the question, "I guess I did, back when I was a child but I stopped once I grew older." He says before grabbing his drink and taking a sip.

"I know it's only been an hour and we just met but..." Jeno looks at him curiously, his curiosity clearly evident in his expression and he wonders what his answer is going to be.

"... Could you be my model?"