Chapter 8

Agent Langley stumbled to the nearest restroom. She threw her elbows down on the nearest sink. She pressed her hands to her temples as she stared with bloodshot eyes into the bathroom mirror. She saw a mess of an Agent, but for the first time in quit a while, agent Langley didn't care. This was a woman who cared what everyone thought all the time, even as a young girl, she always tried to hold herself in a respectable way. But not now, not after what she had just seen. She grimaced at her reflection. She saw a pathetic woman. She stared straight into her green eyes. A flood of anger rose over her. She grabbed the sides of her hair and yelled as she pulled them out of her neat bun. She no longer hesitated to rub her eyes and smear the mascara and eyeliner all around her face. She let out an angry sob. She screamed at the thought of Karen's eyes rolling in the back of her head.

As she screamed, a larger woman came out of that bathroom stall behind her. She looked disgusted at Agent Langley, but it wasn't without Agent Langley noticing. She spun around and yelled, "What are you looking at?!"

The larger woman in her bright green sundress stared at the messy haired, puffy eyed, giant painting of runny mascara of a woman and shrieked as Agent Langley took a threatening step forward at her. She threw open the door and speed walked down the hallway.

Agent Langley returned to her position at the sink. She began breathing deeply. Just then, a nurse came in, "Agent Langley?"

"What do you want?" Agent Langley spat.

"It's just, well, Samuel's waking up ma'am. I thought you might want to be there." The nurse said quietly.

Agent Langley heard Samuels name and headed straight for his room. She pushed her way passed the nurse and walked down the hallway.

She threw herself in a chair next to Samuel and tried for a smile. Samuel was awake, though at the sight of Agent Langley, he had started wishing he was still asleep. "Uh," he started, "What happened to you?" Samuel of course, could find out for himself by reading her mind, but sometimes he refused to, he liked giving people some privacy.

"Karen..."Agent Langley tried her hardest not to sob, but a tear slipped away, "Karen ...she's ...dead."

"The red haired girl who was helping with me? What happened?" Samuel asked confused.

Agent Langley hesitated to tell him. She didn't want him to think it was his fault. "You know," Samuel said, "I can read your mind, no use hiding anything from me."

Realizing that, Agent Langley decided she would rather him hear it from her and not read her thoughts. "Karen got some of your blood in her cut. She hid it from everyone because she was instructed to be careful around... you ..." Agent Langley sighed, "But don't you ever think it's your fault. I found the cut earlier today, it was oozing green goo and puss. We made up a lie to tell the doctor because I insisted on taking her. When the doctor left the room I noticed she wasn't doing so good, I hardly had time to react before she seemed to have started having a seizure. I got the doctors and they shooed me away as they started treating her, but it was no use."

Samuel looked horrified. "They... they were treating her?!"

"Well, they were, yes."

"They need to stop!" Samuel ripped out his I.V. and ran to the exit of the room.

Agent Langley ran after him. "What's wrong?!"

"Her body's in the acceptance stage!" Samuel yelled.

"What?"

Samuel had almost reached the door, "Her body will either accept it or refuse it on its own, treating it gives it more of a chance to kill her!"

Patient Zeroजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें