Chapter Four

"What do you mean far more advanced? And how do you not know who we're up against?!" Samuel asked frustrated.

"Now Sammy. We are about as clueless about this as you are." Dr. Gothke's voice crackleing with his weird old man voice. It slightly annoyed Samuel.

"Don't Now Sammy me! How am I supposed to help if I don't know what we are up against?!"

"Now Sammy- I mean- calm down- Sunny boy-?"

Samuel looked directly at the old man's forhead.

Agnet Langley whispered to Dr. Gothke, "He can read your mind."

Dr. Gothke's eyes got even bigger through his magnifying glass like glasses. He looked back at agent Langley. "Really? Fasinating."

Samuel looked away from the old man's forehead, "You're confused, I get it, but Dr. Gothke? If you're confused about this, how am I not suposed to be?"

Dr. Gothke looked at Samuel still facinated. He used his hand to gesture for Samuel to come closer. Samuel gave him a puzzled look but then decided not to question the old man. He walked over slowly. Dr. Gothke grabbed his arms, "How can you read my mind?" Samuel shrugged.

Agent Langley butted in, "He also seems to be able to controll objects with his mind."

Dr. Gothke stared at the ground, "What else are you capable of?" He said more talking to himself than to Samuel.

Samuel stared at the ground, not responsive. Agent Langley looked uncomfortable. "Why don't we head outside and Samuel can show us more of what he's capable of?"

Almost emediatly after she spoke another loud eruption went off, this time louder, it shook the ground and Dr. Gothke's tools fell off his desk. Alarms went off, red lights flashed as the rest of the power went out.

"What's going on?!" Samuel asked franticly.

"We are under attack!" Dr. Gothke yelled.

"Get down low everyone!" Agent Langley yelled, "And stay put!"

"But what about them, the people up there!?" Samuel shouted.

"Nothing we can do!" Dr. Gothke yelled.

Samuel paused and thought for a moment, "Yes there is!" Before anyone could react Samuel found the strength to run as fast as he could up the stairs, explosions caused him to stumble every so often. He darted down the dark hallway, the only light was from the alarms red light, illuminating the fortress in a red filter. He passed the elevator to find the stairs. He couldn't help but think that by the time he climbed all the stairs there wouldn't be anything to fight, he ran into the nearest room. Looking for something! Anything! He found a collapsible table and flattened it. He stood on it and concentrated. Suddenly the table lifted into the air, hovering in place. Samuel opened his eyes, spread his arms and legs out for balance, and flew on the homemade hover bored up the flight of stairs. He flew to the top floor, and searched for the nearest exit he found what he was looking for, six doors to the right. He slammed the door open knocking some lady out of the way who was on the other side of the door. She screeched and fell on her butt.

Samuel scrunched his face, "Uh...sorry!"

She didn't seem to angry, she looked more horrified that he was floating on a collapsable table. Then looked back at the sky, screeched for a second time and ran inside. Samuel wasn't paying attention to where he was going, and smacked into a pole.

"Ah." he mumbled as he hit the ground.

He groaned in pain as he stood. He couldn't believe his eyes. Did he hit his head to hard? Was he hallucinating? There, in front of him, was a massive ship hovering above him. A voice came over a loud speaker coming from the ship, "Give up, there is no use. The world as you know it will be ours!" Samuel didn't move. He looked around, confused, he was the only one outside. Were they talking to him?

"Yes, we are talking to you. And you alone. For you are the only one worthy to fight merely one of my minions. But you will never defeat my entire army!"

Samuel faltered, "Who are you? What do you want?"

"Who am I? Who. am. I!? Well that is for me to know... and you...never to know! And as for what I want? I want the world to be mine!"

"Really? That seems a little cliche if you ask me." Samuel shouted.

"Cliche?! You think I am cliche!?"

Samuel shrugged, "Well, it's not very original you know, the old antagonist wanting to take over the world for no reason." He inched closer and closer to the ship. "Just doesn't seem very original if you ask me."

"Hah! I am very original! For instance what you are talking about, no one has ever tried! It's all fiction! But me! I am daring! I am the first to actually attempt total world domination!"

Samuel just needed to get a little closer. He was running out of ideas. "Why?"

"What a ridiculous question!"

Samuel was close enough now.

The voice spoke again, "So you thought you could distract me? Well I hate to tell you this. Actually, no. No I really don't. But the little trick you were using is the oldest trick in the book! And you mock me about being cliche! Well, if you wish to defeat me, you'll have to do much better than that. Samuel Loft."

Samuel was stunned. The ship turned towards him and fired. Samuel dove for his collapsible table and opened it for a small shelter. Though he knew it wouldn't have much use at all. Explosion after explosion went off. Flames, ash, and rubble flying everywhere. He was running out of options. Who was this guy? And how did he know his name?! Samuel thrust his hands in the air and faced them towards the ship. He caused the missile heading straight for him to change it's corse and go flying back to where if came from. It severely damaged the ship. He thrust his hands again towards the ship pulled back, moving the ship with his hands and threw them as hard as he could, putting all of his strength and momentum into it, releasing the ship.

Samuel stood and watched as the ship hurtled away, farther, much farther  than the eye could see. Samuel felt drained. He couldn't stand any longer. His knees buckled as he fell to the ground unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~

~S.S.