Chapter 4: Starks mistake

"Peace in our time."

At his words legionnaire bots burst through the glass behind Ultron, flying at us with full force.

Thinking quickly I leap out of the way falling onto broken shards of glass with a hiss, my knife a distant memory as it lay on the floor yards away from me.

Grimacing as shards slit my bare feet, I stand moving backwards unable to fight against the robots with no weapons.

The bots charge at Steve who flips the wooden table, using it as a shield before being launched backwards by the force of their hit.

Maria lays on the floor, bullets falling beside her as she shoots at the robots only causing distractions as the bullets bounce off their thick metal.

Rhodey was long gone, shot through the glass to a lower floor, Bruce and Nat were hiding at the bar  the latter attempting to keep the green beast under control, because a code green was the last thing we needed.

Thor was pissed, his hammer flying through the air a little faster than usual, shattering robots on the go.

My job was simple, protect the doctor who had fallen to the floor, gasping for air.

Bare foot, I run towards the panicking doctor keeping an eye on my surroundings and avoiding all blasts aimed at me.

"Hey hey Helen look at me your gonna be ok, follow me follow me." I whisper gently taking her arm trying not to wince at the glass burying itself deeper into my feet.

Nodding the doctor grips my arm a little harder than she intended as I lead the way towards the other side of the bar keeping the doctor safe.

"Stay here," I demand, leaving her nodding and jittery. I crouch moving towards the middle of the room, attempting to regain my lost knife.

My eyes were on the floor as I search for my weapon oblivious to the incoming attack.

"SKYE."

Turning just in time I flip over the robot landing on its back, the robot collapsing, struggling under my feet, ignoring the pain of the metal under my already torn soles. I reach for my knife, not removing my feet from the machine on the ground.

Knife in my hand I slit the robots wires watching as the energy drains from its body feeling a little more in control with the weapon at my side.

A loud crash renders my left ear ringing as I glance up raising my eyebrows as Tony falls beside me, a small screwdriver of some sorts in his hand.

The chaos slowly dies as the last remaining robot falls leaving a mess of parts sprawled across the ground along with shards of glass scattered throughout the living room.

Standing slowly from my crouch I frown my eyes not wavering from Ultron who avoided the chaos merely watching as the rest of us defend ourselves.

"That was dramatic." Ultron states, a hint of edge in his voice.

"I'm sorry, I know you mean well, you just didn't think it through... You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change." The robot hisses almost mocking us.

Steve's authoritative figure moves closer to the robot as if daring it to attack.

Ultron doesn't stop unaffected by the super soldiers intimidating glare.

"How of humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve?"

Ultrons claws grasp onto one of Tony's dismantled legionnaires heads, holding it up for all to see.

"With these? These puppets." Hatred fills the robots voice, the heads armour popping off, wires smoking and crackling as Ultron continues.

"There's only one path to peace... The Avengers extinction."