Chapter 7: The cradle

Hey guys this chapter is a little long as I wanted to get to the Wanda chapters faster haha.

"Your a monster." Nat yells slapping me across the face leaving behind a faint red mark.

"Nat please no no-" I beg as she glares at me, her eyes filled with hatred.

"I never loved you and I never will."

"Skye, wake up your having a nightmare."

Sweat dripped off my forehead as Clint gently taps my arm alerting me back to reality.

My head still spins, the dream livid in my brain.

Natasha's face fell into view and I stumble backwards fear coursing through my veins attempting to remove myself from the red heads touch.

"You-you hit me." I stammer unable to form proper sentences, not able to make eye contact with the spy.

Nat's face softens shaking her head.

"No no I would never do that." She whispers reaching her hand towards mine.

My breathing slows, realising the difference between dream and reality.

"You had every right to though." I mumble allowing my sister to pull me into her arms.

Nat's hands shake as she wraps them around me holding me close.

"Never say that again."

[]

The open fields felt familiar as Clint leads us to our so called 'safe house'. Nat's arm wraps around my shoulders as we both struggle to drag ourselves towards Clint's home.

A house that should be familiar, comforting was now unknown and nerve wracking.

Opening the front door sent those feelings spiralling away as immediately I recognised the faint smell of pine and smoke, something I have come to know Clint enjoys.

Nat's figure falters, finally establishing her whereabouts, a tiny smile forming on her lips at the smell of our second home.

Pausing mid stride I frown, realising I shouldn't see Clint's children in the state I was in knowing I couldn't cover it up the way the rest of the team could especially given I looked a shit ton worse than the rest of them.

My brown curls were locked in a loose braid occasional strands falling out of place, my suit was disgusting, covered in the blood of workers and oil of the bots not to mention my own wounds.

"I'm going to go upstairs." I whisper to my sister who barely nods as I stumble towards the stairs heading straight to the guest bedroom.

[]

Hours had flown by.

The bedroom providing me with the space I needed to process what had just happened.

After a cold shower I collapsed onto the bed wrapped in only my towel attending to my wounds.

The occasional tear slipped down my cheek at the memories of my nightmares only to be wiped away by my shaking hands.

Natasha and Clint had both come to check in on me but I had sent them both away with a smile and a "I'll be down in a minute."

Laura, Clint's wife had popped in as well only she knew better than to attempt to comfort me, leaving quickly after placing a change of clothes on my bed and pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead.

"Your too young for this." Was all she had muttered shaking her head sadly before closing the door.

As darkness fell I ran to turn on the light, the dark sending goosebumps through my arms as I now associated it with my nightmares, terror spreading through my veins at the thought of sitting in the black room alone.