Chapter 19: Grounded

Steve was arrested. Just like that. The man who had protected this country and this world for his entire life. It rattled me how easily they did it. Was it because they wanted to? Or because they saw him as a threat to this world? This makes me wonder whether they might come for me. All my past mistakes maybe finally coming to light, the government finally realising how much of a threat I am.

This thoughts swallow my brain for a minute echoing so loudly I'm surprised Wanda doesn't hear them. Wanda. Do I really deserve her love? Even after everything I've done? Do I deserve any love? If they can put Captain America away for protecting his friend what might they do to me for my crimes?

The tv blares as it lets me know Sam had followed suit. His face plasters over the tv screen just as Steve's had been seconds before. My hum attracts my girlfriends attention from the other side of the room. "What is it?" Her already creased forehead gains more wrinkles as I gesture to the tv addressing the Prince of Wakanda in handcuffs wearing what looks like a cat suit.

Bucky shows up next, my posture straightening at the man who stares blankly into the camera. Wanda's figure doesn't hesitate to move to my side, gently gripping my hand in hers. No words were spoken as we watch the news in silence, both silently praying for Cap not to fight containment.

Finally Wanda breaks the silence switching the tv off with a flick of her wrist. "You know I love you right?" She whispers taking my face in her hands. The sentence earns a frown to fall over my face concerned about where this conversation may lead. I hum my agreement. "I can feel your thoughts my love. I know you don't understand why I love you. But I do. I love you.I love you so so so much. I never ever want you to doubt that. I will never stop loving you. Your past is behind us alright? We have all done things to be ashamed about and an amazingly brilliant person told me once that it wasn't my fault. Maybe you should try listening to them. "

Her words make me crack a smile breaking my frown. Gazing into her eyes, her perfectly green eyes my worries fade. Her words etching themselves into my soul. I was loved and for the first time I believed it. I truly was loved.

Crashing my lips onto hers I ignore the soft tears dripping down my face instead lacing my hands into Wanda soft brown locks pulling her face closer to mine.

Begrudgingly I pull away panting, resting my forehead against hers. I didn't think I could fall in love with anyone yet I found myself falling harder and harder for this woman everyday.

"And you Wanda. You are my rock. My everything ok. I love you so much it physically pains me to be apart from you. Although I can't read your mind I know your hurting whether you want to admit it or not. Just because I may not be mentally stable at times doesn't mean you have to pretend to be my love. I will be here for you in any state. You come first." Cheesy. Yes but I don't care. The way her eyes glisten at my words is all the encouragement I need. It wasn't often I spoke from the heart.

The cold metal of her rings abandon my cheeks instead moving down to trace my jawline. Humming in thought her eyes drift to her own fingers watching them draw imaginary shapes over my jaw.

"I guess we are both broken in some way or another." Her voice is soft, if there was any other noise in this room I wouldn't be able to hear it. "Your right Skye. I'm not ok all the time. People are scared of me, of my powers. I-I don't know how to handle it. I used to think of myself one way. But, after this..." Her fingers leave my jaw swirling red energy back and forth between them. "I am something else. I'm still me, I think, but... that's not what everyone else sees." Her smile fades quickly, her once lively energy diminishing into nothing.

"You don't have to be ok all the time. I'm here for you, to take care of you. People aren't scared of you my love, they are scared of what they can't control which at the moment happens to be you. But it will change. We will show them baby." Peppering kisses onto her knuckles I end my speech earning a small smile, enough to make my heart pound.